I've asked for reduced hours under RA. Can I get any financial help? — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

I've asked for reduced hours under RA. Can I get any financial help?

System
System Posts: 629

Scope community team

edited November 21 in Work and employment

Comments

• DanceDeb
    DanceDeb Member Posts: 10 Listener
    I have worked for my organization for past 17 years. I am i think have post impairment syndrome apart of .my CP . I was doing a nine day over two weeks but finding my fatigue increasing . I have asked for 30 hrs a week under reasonable adjustment. Waiting for OH . Am i likely to get any financial assistance, can access to work help. They certainly have for Equipment?
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Member Posts: 12,827 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @DanceDeb and welcome 

It is unlikely access to work will help financially to make up any lost earnings that isn't what they do.  They help with things like equipment and adaptions and getting to work and support while at work 

I may be wrong but I have not heard of them paying towards lost earnings 

I have professional experience in HR within public,  private, and charity sectors.  If I can help I will 
  • DanceDeb
    Oh well it's a thought thanks Janet
  • MarkM88
    MarkM88 Member Posts: 1,994 Pioneering
    If on reduced hours and less money coming in, and have under the savings threshold than maybe entitled to universal credit depending on circumstances? 
  • DanceDeb
    Thanks for this i will investigate , thanks for your he
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Posts: 6,622

Scope community team

Hi @DanceDeb :) You could try using a benefits calculator (Turn2Us) to see what you might be entitled to. Do you claim any benefits at the moment? 
    Online Community Coordinator, she/her

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to tell us how we're doing? Complete our feedback form now.
  • DanceDeb
    No i used to have lower rate DLA but this was taken away when they changed from DLA to PIP, and rules got tighter
  • calcotti
    calcotti Member Posts: 3,348 Disability Gamechanger
    DanceDeb said:
    No i used to have lower rate DLA but this was taken away when they changed from DLA to PIP, and rules got tighter
    There are benefits other than DLA/PIP that you may be entitled depending on your financial situation. That's what Tori was highlighting. A benefits calculator will give you an idea as suggested by her.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • DanceDeb
    Thanks a according to calculator i may be entitled to some ? I am going to apply when i reduced my hours thanks for your help it's appreciated 👍
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 24,727 Disability Gamechanger
    If you're working less than 16 hours when you claim UC you can report your health condition, send in fit notes from your GP to start the work capability assessment process off. Remember, UC is based on earnings received during your monthly assessment period.

• calcotti
    calcotti Member Posts: 3,348 Disability Gamechanger
    If you're working less than 16 hours when you claim UC you can report your health condition, send in fit notes from your GP to start the work capability assessment process off. 
    The test is earning less than 16 x NMW hourly rate so relevant number of hours depends on the rate of pay.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.