I'm about to have my PIP reviewed, so I'm feeling a bit stressed — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

I'm about to have my PIP reviewed, so I'm feeling a bit stressed

System
System Posts: 644

Scope community team

This discussion was created from comments split from: How can we talk about mental health.

Comments

• Perry1956
    Perry1956 Member Posts: 2 Listener
    Hi I'm diagnosed as Paranoid Schizophrenic and depressed along with a load of other physical conditions and am about to have my PIP reviewed so I'm feeling a bit stressed.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Posts: 7,023

Scope community team

Welcome to the community @Perry1956 :) Thanks for joining!

I've made your comment on the other thread into its own post, as I thought it warranted its own discussion. 

I'm sorry to hear that you're stressed about your PIP review. What stage are you at with it?

Thank you for sharing with us that you have paranoid schizophrenia and depression. Are you receiving enough support to help you manage those conditions at the moment?
    Online Community Coordinator, she/her

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to tell us how we're doing? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Perry1956
    Perry1956 Member Posts: 2 Listener
    I received the questionnaire yesterday. When I was switched from DLA to PIP about 5 years ago they stopped all my benefits but then reinstated most of them after appeal and the intervention of my Social Worker and Psychiatrist.  
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 25,619 Disability Gamechanger
    It’s perfectly normal to feel this way, the majority of people do.
    Make sure you treat is as a new claim by putting as much relevant information as possible. Adding a couple of real world examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you.
    Include information such as where you were, what exactly happened, did anyone see it and what the consequences were. 
    You can ring to request extra time to return the form. You should still make sure it’s sent in plenty of time for them to receive it and always keep a copy of everything you send. Make sure you put your name and NI number on everything. 
    You should expect an assessment because most people have them even for reviews. Paper based assessments are rare but possible. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.