Should I inform PIP that my medication has doubled? — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Should I inform PIP that my medication has doubled?

System
System Posts: 644

Scope community team

Comments

• anth22
    anth22 Member Posts: 74 Courageous
    Sorry I've had to ask this here because I can't for the life off me workout how to post a new question. Can I just ask I sent my own review form over 3 weeks ago to dwp I put on it that I was having a medication review with my own gp, that review has now taken place and my medication has been doubled, do I inform PIP or just leave it. Thank you for any advise you can give me about matter.

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 25,627 Disability Gamechanger
    anth22 said:
    Sorry I've had to ask this here because I can't for the life off me workout how to post a new question. Can I just ask I sent my own review form over 3 weeks ago to dwp I put on it that I was having a medication review with my own gp, that review has now taken place and my medication has been doubled, do I inform PIP or just leave it. Thank you for any advise you can give me about matter.

No, there's no need to inform DWP. If an assessment is needed for your PIP review and it's likely then you can tell the AP during the assessment.
    To make a new thread on the top right hand side of the screen it says new post in a blue box, just click on that and a new window opens up.
  • anth22
    Thank you poppy.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Posts: 7,032

Scope community team

Hi @anth22 :) I'm glad that poppy123456 has been able to answer your question. 

I've made your comments into a separate thread. Are you now clear on how to start a new discussion. I know that everything now looks a bit different, so please do let us know if you're still unsure!
    Online Community Coordinator, she/her

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to tell us how we're doing? Complete our feedback form now.
  • anth22
    Thank you Tori :) im hoping i don't get called in for an assessment i sent so much evidence in with my renewal and listed my 15 daily medications, my only worry is will i get in trouble for not informing them months ago about my worsening conditions?
  • poppy123456
    anth22 said:
     my only worry is will i get in trouble for not informing them months ago about my worsening conditions?

No you won't get into trouble for this.
  • anth22
    Thank you poppy that's the one thing that has been playing on my mind. 
  • poppy123456
    A worsening of condition doesn't automatically entitle you to more points for a higher award anyway. Before reporting changes a person should always get expert advice.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.