PIP Assessment. Why might they have asked for my bank details when I rang after? — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

PIP Assessment. Why might they have asked for my bank details when I rang after?

MrJackT
MrJackT Member Posts: 7 Listener
edited November 25 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hello! 

I first applied for PIP in June. The DWP then received the form in July. I then had a telephone assessment on the 11th November. (I did ring PIP once or twice to make sure they had received everything etc) I was asked to answer my some mandatory security questions before they could answer my questions. I then got a text message on the 12th November from the DWP saying that they had received the PIP assessment. So I rang them on the 12th November to ask if they could send out a copy of the report from the telephone assessment.

When I rang the person who I spoke to asked several security questions, one of them was my bank account details and I was confused because I have never been asked my bank account details before does anyone know why on this occasion they asked for my bank account details? 

I still haven’t received the report from the telephone assessment so I’m not sure if the DWP has actually sent out a copy or not. 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 24,773 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,
    Sometimes they do ask you to confirm your bank details to check they have the correct one. 
    There are no timescales for decision but as a guide anything between 2-12 weeks.
  • MrJackT
    MrJackT Member Posts: 7 Listener
    @poppy123456 Still haven’t received the assessment letter, I think I will call them again!
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Member Posts: 12,873 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there 

You can call them to request the report again but its not always advisable as it can cause more stress and anxiety as it isn't the decision just a recommendation 

Personally I would just wait for the decision letter but as advised this can take between 2-12 weeks for a decision 
    I have professional experience in HR within public,  private, and charity sectors.  If I can help I will 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.