Christmas Jumper Day 10th December 2021 — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Christmas Jumper Day 10th December 2021

Teddybear12
Teddybear12 Member Posts: 1,267 Pioneering
edited November 26 in Coffee lounge
An excellent cause for which participants are asked to wear a Christmas Jumper for the day and donate £2 to Save The Children. Will you be taking part? I will post a picture of my Christmas Jumper on the day. It would be good if others did to.
Tagged:

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community Co-Production Group Posts: 5,599 Disability Gamechanger
    Whilst anything that raises money for a good cause is only to be applauded we have made our donations for this Christmas one to the Salvation Army and the other to our local food bank, and we have brought some gloves and hats to give to any rough sleepers we come across in the cold weather.
    I am a person with epilepsy not an epileptic, my illness doesn't define me.
  • Ross_Scope
    Ross_Scope Posts: 5,377

Scope community team

A super cause, I will dig out my jumper :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • MarkM88
    MarkM88 Member Posts: 1,975 Pioneering
    I have a couple, I’ll put one on that day too. 
  • leeCal
    leeCal Member Posts: 4,320 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 25
    I haven't got a Christmas jumper. Been trying to get one but they’re always too small, or I’m always too big...whichever. ☹️

🎄🎄 
    🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄
         🎄🎄🎄🎄
           🎄🎄🎄
           🎄🎄🎄.  (Jumper)

If everything's coming up roses it's time to call in a gardener

• mikehughescq
    mikehughescq Member Posts: 7,780 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 26
    I despise Christmas jumpers and steer clear of all such days. However, I do have these should anyone be foolish enough to demand I wear one. 

Needs to be borne in mind that one is of course from Father Ted.

[Picture removed due to a breach of our community house rules]. 

• vikingqueen
    vikingqueen Member Posts: 560 Pioneering
        I don't own a Christmas jumper and won't be buying one. I don't send Christmas cards to anyone instead I give money to a charity of my choosing. 

• janer1967
    janer1967 Member Posts: 12,742 Disability Gamechanger
    I will be wearing mine always do every year and also wear it christmas day 
    Will post a pic 
    I have professional experience in HR within public,  private, and charity sectors.  If I can help I will 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 24,664 Disability Gamechanger
    I don’t own a Christmas jumper and won’t be buying one, I’m not a fan of them. I always donate to Salvation Army because they are always close to my heart.
  • lisathomas50
    lisathomas50 Member Posts: 4,693 Disability Gamechanger
    Love Xmas jumper on Xmas day lol I got my tree up in my porch in my new house me and mum love it here nice to wake up and see the sea 
  • lisathomas50
    lisathomas50 Member Posts: 4,693 Disability Gamechanger
    I will be wearing mine on the 10th of December as well 
  • iza
    iza Member Posts: 488 Pioneering
    Hi, I have a son in secondary school, Year 7 and in his primary school they always collected money previously. My tips are : instead  buying jumper you can simply decorate your old one or instead jumper just simply donate like some people mentioned. Otherwise you can buy from Save the Child website book about the funder Eglantyne Jebb. I am sure you can support this way as well. Especially if you book enthusiast. 😊

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.