My PIP assessment only lasted 15 minutes. Have I lost my case? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

My PIP assessment only lasted 15 minutes. Have I lost my case?

Options
chickenbaby
chickenbaby Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited November 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I had my pip assessment today but it only lasted 15 mins I said I would carry on but she insisted as I suffer from panic attacks depression anxiety . I couldn’t cope opening up she said she would fill form in have I lost my case x Thankyou for listening x

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,023 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,
    It would be impossible to speculate anything at this stage. My quickest assessment has been 10 minutes and my longest was over an hour and been successful everytime, so the length of time the assessment took really doesn't mean anything at all.
    Timescales for decision's is between 2-12 weeks.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • chickenbaby
    Options
    Thankyou Thankyou poppy and teddbear12 x
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the community from me too 

Good luck for your claim let us know how you get on 
  • chickenbaby
    Options
    thank you jane and will do x
  • Libby_Alumni
    Libby_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,251 Pioneering
    Options
    Welcome @chickenbaby

It's great to have you on the community with us all. How are you today?

I understand that you might feel as though the assessment didn't go as well as it should have, considering the length of time. However, as our other members have shared, a longer assessment does not necessarily mean a successful one. So please be reassured that the outcome could still be very positive for you :)

I will move your comment into our PIP/DLA/AA category, where it will hopefully gain more attention, and other members can share their experiences with you too. 

I hope the PIP outcome is successful and please keep us updated on how it goes :) 

Libby
    Online Community Information Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did we do a good job at answering your queries or concerns? If so, complete our feedback form now. 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I hope that your mind has been put at ease a little @chickenbaby :) Try not to worry too much about the decision until you receive your decision letter. I know it's easier said than done, though!

You've mentioned experiencing anxiety, panic, attacks, and depression. Are you receiving any support for those at the moment?
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.