Housing Association account suspended. I'll be in a single tenancy. How will this affect rehousing? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Housing Association account suspended. I'll be in a single tenancy. How will this affect rehousing?

Options
Taliesen
Taliesen Community member Posts: 51 Courageous
Hi.

So I recieved an email from Housi g Association and my account has been suspended due to split tenancy....be cause my ex is still on there...we are going to go in to single tenancy so it's just me on there...how ever will that effect my application as being adequately housed even though I'm moving on medical basis? 

Comments

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Taliesen

Thanks for posting, I hope you are doing okay.

Sorry to hear that your account has been suspended, but it's good that you at least know the cause and it will be sorted. As for your question, I am unsure as to whether it will have an impact but I hope others will be able to get back to you on that :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Libby_Alumni
    Libby_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,251 Pioneering
    Options
    Hey @Taliesen,

I just wanted to check in to see how you're getting on with things and if there had been any progress with your housing situation? I'm sorry that no one could directly answer your question, but it would be good to hear how you're getting on and if you've managed to find some answers. 

Please let us know if there's anything else that we can do to help :)

Libby
    Online Community Information Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did we do a good job at answering your queries or concerns? If so, complete our feedback form now. 
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    When my self and my mum had to move because our house was falling down I explained that we needed a house with three bedrooms because we have carers staying over night  the counciol would only offer us a 3 bedroom ground floor flat we went and had a look and it was very small for a three bedroom flat so I refused it and took a nice three bedroom private rented house and we love it 

It depends on circumstances  and also where you live no person is the same  an example is a disabled friend of mine got divorced not long ago and he let  his wife and children stay in the house the counciol offered him a bedsit the first time and a one bedroom flat the second time on the ground floor  which weren't suitable for the children to stay overnight  so in the end he took the flat but no overnight staying  for the children 

Housing has been difficult to obtain as of late  I hope you manage to sort out your situation 

• Taliesen
    Options
    I am finally sole tent now...so updated info on my account and just gotta wait to be contacted with in 30 days from the change I put in
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Taliesen said:
    I am finally sole tent now...so updated info on my account and just gotta wait to be contacted with in 30 days from the change I put in
    Thanks for the update, hopefully they don't take too long to get in touch :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Taliesen
    Options
    With in 30 days so just gotta wait patiently 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.