Hi, my name is Charlotty2021! — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Hi, my name is Charlotty2021!

Hi everyone, I need advice. I was on Universal credit, I’m over 25 and have been getting about £324 a month. I was awarded LCWRA three days ago, after 3 months since I uploaded my sick note. I have seen that LCWRA pays 343.63 per month. So does that mean that now I’ll get an extra £19 pounds per month . So instead of £324 a month, instead I’ll get £343.63 a month, meaning that LCWRA means you get an extra £19 a month instead? Or is this in addition to getting UC, I don’t understand how much overall per month I’ll be paid. I need someone who can give me a factual answer. Thanks so much xx

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 25,533 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,
    It means you'll receive an extra £343.63 per month on top of your existing £324.84, if those are the only 2 element you receive then your total UC will be £668.47 per month.
    There's a full 3 month assessment period waiting time for the LCWRA element and then it's paid from the 4th month of your claim. When it's paid from exactly will depend on when you first reported your health condition and the dates of your assessment periods, or when you usually receive payments each month.
  • Charlotty2021
    Charlotty2021 Member Posts: 21 Listener
    Thank you so much Poppy, I genuinely thought I was just going to get £19 extra per month xx 
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Community Co-Production Group Posts: 880 Pioneering
    Hi @Charlotty2021

Thanks for reaching out to us. I always appreciate how much courage it must take to reach out.

Does @poppy123456's response help to clarify the answer for you? Do you need anything to be clarified or have any follow-up questions? I hope we have managed to answer your question.

Take care for now and I will look forward to hopefully hearing from you again soon  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities, and assistive technology. Pronouns: She/her.
  • Charlotty2021
    I so appreciate your message and the support on here. Yes, I was grateful to Poppy as I just thought I was maybe getting £19 extra per hour. She explained it very well. Does everyone who is accepted on LCWRA get additional financial support or only some, do you know? I have never spoken to my case worker, so I have no idea what any of this means. This is all so new to me.

My UC advisor also told me to apply for PIP which I’ve sent the assessment part off on the weekend. That then needs to go to another person who does the Heath assessment, but I don’t want to see anyone in person as I’m worried about the virus. I heard only 20% of people get accepted for PIP? 
  • Charlotty2021
    Sorry, I meant £19 extra per month, NOT HOUR! Typo 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community Co-Production Group Posts: 11,600 Disability Gamechanger
    i @Charlotty2021 - everyone awarded LCWRA will get the same additional amount as yourself. The success rate for PIP is about 42% from the latest government statistics up to July 2021. Most PIP assessments are still by phone.
  • Charlotty2021
    That’s wonderful. I cannot tell you how supported I feel on this forum. Thank you to everyone helping me navigate through this season of my life xx 
  • Libby_Scope
    Libby_Scope Posts: 635

Scope community team

That’s wonderful. I cannot tell you how supported I feel on this forum. Thank you to everyone helping me navigate through this season of my life xx 
    I'm glad our members were able to help you @Charlotty2021 :) please let us know if you need any information or support with regards to your PIP application and we would be happy to help. 

Have a wonderful evening and hopefully speak to you soon.
    Online Community Information Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did we do a good job at answering your queries or concerns? If so, complete our feedback form now. 
  • Charlotty2021
     Thank you so much xxx

Brightness

Need to talk?

Over Christmas the online community might be a little quieter than usual, so if you need urgent emotional support or if you feel like you might be in crisis, please read up about how to stay safe for now and find help.

You can also speak to somebody in confidence by calling Samaritans on 116 123 for free or send an email to
[email protected]

Of course, if you feel like you might be at risk right now, please call 999 or visit your local hospital.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.