Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.


Charlotty2021 Member Posts: 21 Listener
edited December 2021 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi all, you were so helpful last time, I have another question.

I uploaded a doctor’s note on 3rd September, I was told on the 9th Dec I had been confirmed for LCWRA. I usually get paid UC on the 27th of each month. On my statement today (showing what I’ll get this month on 27th) it only had the UC amount of £324 there, not the LCWRA. 

I’d made a tiny bit of money in Nov-Dec, at a job, and they didn’t taper it this time, which they always used to per pound, so the LCWRA has clearly been taken into consideration but there is no payment apart from UC, is this normal considering I’m in month 4? If anyone can give me a factual answer that would be fab?

 Thank you. Unfortunately I asked for my case worker to contact me to explain all this but never heard back. 


  • calcotti
    calcotti Member Posts: 3,805 Disability Gamechanger
    edited December 2021
    If 3rd September was the first time you reported your health condition it is too soon for you to be paid the LCWRA element. It is only included for the fourth complete assessment period after you report a health condition (assuming this is the first time you have done so). Your assessment period is 21st to 20th of the month. You reported the condition in the August to September period. The waiting periods are Sept-Oct, Oct-November and Nov-Dec. The LCWRA element will be payable for Dec-Jan and should therefore be included in your January payment.

    You have however benefited from the Work Allowance which is why some of your earnings have been ignored. If you had any earnings in the last three months you should ask them to recalculate your entitlement to for those months with a Work Allowance applied (assuming they have said you have LCWRA from when you reported it).
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Charlotty2021
    Charlotty2021 Member Posts: 21 Listener
    I see ok, thank you so much for explaining x 


Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.