Question about LCWRA date — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Question about LCWRA date

System
System Posts: 644

Scope community team

Comments

• james123
    james123 Member Posts: 1 Listener
    Hi new hear just wondering if I singed up to UC on 13/05/20 but had to wait till the 09/08/21 for a WCA got put in the lcw group on the 11/08/21 but wasn’t happy so asked for a mr on the 18/08/21 and nothing Changed after waiting 3 months so send off my appeal paper work on 03/11/21 and got a letter on 23/12/21saying it not gonna go to court they awarded in my favour for lcwra so will I get backdated from the start of my claim on 13/05/20 or from when I had my WCA on 09/08/21 and dose the backdated money get added on your next monthly payment thanks for any help 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Member Posts: 3,765 Disability Gamechanger
    james123 said:
    Hi new hear just wondering if I singed up to UC on 13/05/20 ..got a letter on 23/12/21saying it not gonna go to court they awarded in my favour for lcwra so will I get backdated from the start of my claim on 13/05/20 or from when I had my WCA on 09/08/21 and dose the backdated money get added on your next monthly payment ..
    The LCWRA decision will b backdated to the date you informed them of your health condition at the start of your . The LCWRA element is payable from 4 months after that (payable on 19th September 2020).
    Backdated money will be paid separately from your normal payment.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.