Joining the police — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Joining the police

Options
Michelle1
Michelle1 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
edited December 2021 in Work and employment
I just suddenly thought this evening I could try & join the police! I have a cousin & brother in law already in the force! But I have MS & am nearly 39! Should I look into it? Thanks, Michelle 

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hello @Michelle1. The 'Joining the police' website says there is no upper age limit so your age shouldn't be a problem. 
    You can find lots of other information on that website as there are other eligibility criteria such as minimum education requirement and fitness and health tests

It would be worth looking into your local police force as they may have specific eligibility criteria or information on other roles within the police too.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Michelle1
    Options
    Cheers Adrian, that information is so handy. 
    Thanks again I was told by a psychic years ago that she saw me having something to do with the police !
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @Michelle1 :) It's worth looking into if it's something you're interested in! Perhaps you could look into doing some volunteering with the police to get a bit of a taster and see whether it's something you might like to go for? This could also help you to make some useful contacts in your local police service. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • Michelle1
    Options
    Clheers Toni I’m really considering it but first I need to exercise more after a few beers every night since The pandemic started! And I need to give up smoking! Then I’ll see if I can do volunteering to work on a job at the police station. Thanks again for looking into this,l,
      Michelle xx

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.