Full time employment CHDA health assessment — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Full time employment CHDA health assessment

Disorder2 Member Posts: 17 Connected
hi guys, I’ve been asked to attend universal credit health assessment advisory service.

I’ve worked with my current employer since 2013. But taken time off with severe anxiety/ depression disorders, ASD with recurring suicidal thoughts and acts. 

I’ve phoned and asked if I still need the assessment and without any information taken from me I was told I was stupid and of course I don’t need to go because I work. 

Please advice 


  • calcotti
    calcotti Member Posts: 3,746 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 3
    It is possible to have a Work Capability Assessment while working if you are in receipt of a disability benefit.
    Presumably you have declared a health condition and provided Fit Notes. If you have been asked to attend an assessment you should do so otherwise you will be declared Fit for Work. 
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 25,533 Disability Gamechanger
    The majority of people have assessments so unless they've cancelled it and you've received confirmation of this then yes you will need to attend.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Posts: 7,005

    Scope community team

    Hi @Disorder2 :) 

    I hope that the above replies have helped to clear that up for you? Please do let us know if you have any further questions. 

    I'm sorry to hear that you've experienced anxiety, depression, and suicidal feelings in the past few years. I'm about to send you an email from [email protected] to check in with you, so please do keep an eye out for that. 
    Online Community Coordinator, she/her

    Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

    Want to tell us how we're doing? Complete our feedback form now.


Need to talk?

Over Christmas the online community might be a little quieter than usual, so if you need urgent emotional support or if you feel like you might be in crisis, please read up about how to stay safe for now and find help.

You can also speak to somebody in confidence by calling Samaritans on 116 123 for free or send an email to
[email protected]

Of course, if you feel like you might be at risk right now, please call 999 or visit your local hospital.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.