Interesting article from Fridays Mirror — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Interesting article from Fridays Mirror

Options

Comments

• androgynous
    androgynous Community member Posts: 74 Pioneering
    edited January 2022
    Options
    I wouldn't believe everything you read in the media.

What it means is, no one will instantly or automatically receive payments. It will be claimants responsibility for any resolution. The DWP has until the end of next week to inform Solicitors and the Court whether they intend to appeal the decision again. Yes, they could carry on for evermore.

The forgotten case of thousands of Severely Disabled Claimants who have been treated differently to those on legacy benefits, it's fair to say. 

• Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    When I moved from esa to universal credit  I was Iin what they called the group where i could do permitted work  but they didn't move me properly over and I was always short of money so I spoke to my work coach and explained  she said she would phone me back and she did and said I hadn't been moved over properly and I had 3,000 back pay  transfer to my bank straight away so I doubt I am owed any more 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2022
    Options
    I was Iin what they called the group where i could do permitted work  
    Permitted work rules do not just apply to a particular group on ESA. Anybody on ESA can do Permitted Work.

It sounds as if DWP either
    1) failed to include the LCWRA element in your UC calculation when you moved from the ESA Support Group, or
    2) if you were getting the Severe Disability Premium in your ESA they may have forgotten to include the SDP transitional element.

Neither of these have anything to do with Permitted Work.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,042 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2022
    Options
    When I moved from esa to universal credit  I was Iin what they called the group where i could do permitted work
    There are no such groups for doing permited work. Permitted work can do done by anyone claiming ESA providing they work less than 16 hours per week and earn no more than a certain amount of money each week, at the moment that is £143. In previous years it would have been less than this. https://www.entitledto.co.uk/help/Permitted-Work-Rules

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Sorry calcotti yes it was the first lcwra hadn't been moved I was in the group on esa whatever that meant and my money is higher than when I was on esa dance it was sorted out the reply I got from my recent problem is my money went up when I moved counciol area do they owe me back pay from November becsuse of housing element changes and they hadn't worked my entailment out properly so at least now everything is sorted 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Glad it’s sorted.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • androgynous
    androgynous Community member Posts: 74 Pioneering
    Options
    Tick tock Tick tock the mouse ran up the clock?

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.