Soaring cost of petrol and diesel — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Soaring cost of petrol and diesel

woodbine
woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
edited March 2022 in Coffee lounge
from the BBC:

The cost of filling an average family car with diesel has topped £90 for the first time, as soaring oil prices hit household budgets.

The RAC motoring group said the average price of a litre of diesel rose 3p overnight to a record 165.24p - the biggest daily jump since 2000.

Tuesday's oil embargo on Russia for invading Ukraine has left governments searching for alternative supplies.

The UK gets 8% of its oil imports from Russia, but about 18% of its diesel.

A litre of petrol was now 158.2p, a 2p rise, the RAC said.

If you are a car owner how are you coping with the record cost of fuel?

2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

Tagged:

Comments

• leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    edited March 2022
    We’ve reduced our consumption by not going out, that is something I can do but of course those who need to travel for work etc haven’t got that choice. There are minor things which can be done like ensuring the boot is as empty as possible of extraneous weight, tyres pumped up to the correct pressure and perhaps more seriously vehicle sharing to go to work or even to go shopping.

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    @leeCal yes I really feel for those who are dependant on their cars for work, I remember back in the day when I was 13 I started working part time at a petrol station it was the early 1970's and petrol was around 30p a gallon, now its over £7.
    I think if they still displayed the price in gallons most people would have given up their cars by now.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.