Stop some notifications! Help — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Stop some notifications! Help

Options
Alexander13
Alexander13 Community member Posts: 55 Connected
Hi I have tried to stop notifications but nothing seems to stop the what’s for dinner notifications. Does anyone know how I can stop them. 

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

Hi @Alexander13 - the only way to stop this is to stop a certain group of notifications. If you go to your profile, click on 'Edit Profile,' then 'Notification preferences,' then to the left you'll see a column of different notifications. If you click on the tick of 'Notify me when people comment on discussions I've participated in' this should remove the tick so you no longer receive these. Remember to save your preferences.

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

There are problems with notifications currently that have been reported several times so you may find even if you change them as above it doesn't work

Some people are not getting any notifications and others are getting them even if turned off

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

Hi @Alexander13

Sorry to hear that you haven't been able to stop notifications. If the steps outlined by @chiarieds haven't worked and you are receiving those that you have unticked, then as mentioned by @janer1967 this is an ongoing issue.

Do let us know what your situation is, hopefully it is the former rather than the latter and it can be resolved for you swiftly.

Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Alexander13
    Options

Hi thanks all at moment I haces tried to remove all notifications by unticking but to no avail. I assume as said there is an issue that needs fixing.

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

Thanks for your response @Alexander13, yes it appears as though you are experiencing the issue too, sorry about that. I will raise this again with those who handle the technical side of things on the community.

Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Alexander13
    Options

Thanks I have tried clicking and saving them all as ticks and then removing to see if that helps.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.