Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Up Up and Up

Options
woodbine
woodbine Community member Posts: 12,107 Disability Gamechanger
April fools day? more like April cruel day

gas and electric cap up 54 %
council tax up
water rates up
N.i up (for those who work)
Petrol prices up
Broadand prices up (for many)
Inflation up
Mortgages up (for many)

Benefits up but only by 3.1% nowhere near enough to compensate for the above.

2024 Election won

Comments

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Too much up :( 

Hopefully there will be more support announced for those who need it most at this time. It seems as though energy prices may be this way for a long time to come, so it's needed.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    My council tax hasn't gone up small bonus 
  • woodbine
    Options
    I missed one out car tax has already gone up this week.

2024 Election won

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 14,983 Disability Gamechanger
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Inflation is meant to be something like 5.5% but whenever I see a price has gone up it’s always more than 5.5%.

Just little things like bread, butter. A chocolate bar I used to buy is up from £1 to £1.25 so 25%, my shower gel is up from £1 to £1.20 so 20%.

I know other things will have gone up by less than 5.5%, which counters out the higher risers and creates an average of 5.5%, but I’ve yet to see any of those things! :D 
  • woodbine
    Options
    Have to agree seen grocery products up 5/10/15/20 % in recent months.

2024 Election won

• Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 55,642 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Every bill I have has gone up, except sky as fixed. Look at where you can reduce any bills, my phone contract is up so I can reduce that one. I'm yet to see how I get on with home fuel.
  • woodbine
    Options
    I can recommend Tesco mobile for good deals, been with them for about 9 years now, get 500 minutes 5000 texts and a little bit of data for £7.50 month.

2024 Election won

• Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 55,642 Disability Gamechanger
    edited April 2022
    Options
    That does sound a good deal if I went sim only for a bit I'd get unlimited on calls texts and alot of data for about 11 pound if I get a new mobile with 3 be about 26 with unlimited and lots of data
  • Grinchy
    Grinchy Community member Posts: 1,931 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    everything's on the rise, i hope everyone manages to deal with it, i hope the government offers more support to those who need it, see what happens, stay strong everyone 
  • SueHeath
    SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,420 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Yes i think we're in for a bumpy ride the next couple of years.
    I worry for my youngest as they live from hand to mouth on a weekly bases.
    My brother in law works for B&Q and has said they can't keep up with demand for BBQ/fire pits and bins/gas bottles so we feel a lot of people are looking at cooking and heating via other means.

Lets hope we have a long hot summer and be able to put fuel money aside.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,386 Scope online community team
    Options
    woodbine said:
    Have to agree seen grocery products up 5/10/15/20 % in recent months.
    Along with the price increases, in my area they seem to be doing away with more of the value/basic/own brand ranges too. The cheapest noodles used to be 8p a pack and now they've replaced them with a 'new' range starting at 30p. For what looks and certainly tastes like the same thing. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.