Covid 2022 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Covid 2022

Options
woodbine
woodbine Community member Posts: 11,618 Disability Gamechanger
edited April 2022 in Coffee lounge
from the BBC:

About one in every 13 people in the UK has coronavirus, according to latest estimates from the Office for National Statistics (ONS).

That is some 4.9 million people, up from 4.3 million people the week before. 

ONS officials say that is the highest number seen since its survey began at the end of April 2020. 

The surge in infections is being driven partly by the contagious Omicron BA.2 sub-variant and people mixing more.

The figures for the week ending 26 March are thought to give the most accurate reflection of what's happening with the virus in the community.

The ONS survey tests thousands of people randomly in households across the UK - whether or not they have symptoms.

2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

Tagged:

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Myself and toby have been part of the study since it started was initially for 1 year but has continued throughout 

They are scaling down the number of participants in few months but still continuing 
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 49,873 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It kinda feels like the government have forgot about covid, there's no mention of it from them.
  • SueHeath
    SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,420 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Yep and we wont know the true figures soon after the lateral test run out. Just like at the start of the out break and we'l only know the figures of hospital cases. It will be like following the flu.
    Me and hubby are in the virus watch team @janer1967 are you in this one.
    It amazes me still - we done monthly blood tests for anti bodies.
    We both show that we have the anti bodies from the vaccine but my husband has anti bodies for the virus as well strange x
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm not sure @SueHeath if it's the same one ours is the one for office of national statistics.  We don't do the blood test jyst a pcr test every month and get £25 voucher each for every visit 
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Wales testing centers have started closing down and can only have free lateral flow tests if we have got symptoms otherwise we have to pay lots of people have got covid hospitals are canceling non urgent appointments because they are struggling with covid now there is a Nora virus going round so can't win at the moment 
  • Karen7788
    Karen7788 Scope Member Posts: 598 Pioneering
    Options
    I’ve been really limited to where I can go and what I can do as there doesn’t seem to be many people wearing masks and as I’m immunosuppressed it’s making my everyday really difficult.
    I’m lucky in work as extra controls have been put in to keep me safe, I also get free tests and will be eligible for the new drugs if I get infected. I’ve just had my 5th vaccine, yet out and about you’d think that there is no such thing as Covid 19. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.