Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Easter plans ?

Options
woodbine
woodbine Community member Posts: 12,107 Disability Gamechanger
Have you got any special plans for Easter ? seeing family, meeting up with friends, going out for a meal ?

All we have planned atm is for me to do some painting outside if it's dry and I'm feeling upto it, all other plans have been cancelled as sm bruises from her fall are still not healed. The good news is apart from sending the grandkids money it will be a cheap weekend.

Your plans?

2024 Election won

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    We are playing it by ear dependant on weather but some ideas are The space museum in Leicester , Chester zoo , a outlet shopping village in Castleford 

We will stay hone on Sunday I've already bought a duck to cook for Easter Sunday 
  • SueHeath
    SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,420 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Bless @woodbine sounds like SM had a terrible fall if still full of bruises  :(

Family tradition all the lads/wives and grand kids round ours - i've already started decorating the house - Dad's hide the eggs in the garden (weather permitting) on the day.
    We all bring food to the table - party style x
  • bg844
    bg844 Community member Posts: 3,887 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Going to have a nice Fish and Chips on Good Friday. I'll probably spend the weekend alone though not got too much planned and some of my family are going abroad on Wednesday. I'm sure something will pop up.
  • SueHeath
    Options
    I hope so @bg844

Good look to the family thats going abroad with the trouble at airports and ferries.

It's a bit like pre pandemic something always happened on the first get away of the year, usually strikes 
  • bg844
    Options
    My local airport is Manchester which is always busy but I do think they’ve made a mess of this re-opening, government said restrictions was going to be lifted on air travel and they didn’t recruit after sacking a few staff members back in 2020. They should of planned this weeks before Easter. I hope everything will be okay for me in July 🤞🏼
  • SueHeath
    Options
    I know we live by Birmingham airport - always seems the same at Easter, yep i agree they've had enough time to re employ staff - sometimes wonder if firms do this as a test to see if they need as many staff as they had before
    I'd say it will be sorted for July - were are you going nice.
  • bg844
    Options
    I think so too since they’ve had a massive recruitment push and most roles have been filled it’s just training now which unfortunately takes some time, and for July I’m off to New York which I am really looking forward to. Thought since I’ve not been away since 2019 I might as well treat myself
  • woodbine
    Options
    Sounds like some of you have plans fingers crossed the weather is kind to us.

2024 Election won

• Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 55,645 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Nothing planned  daughter and her hubby popping in sometime over the weekend. 
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,982 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    My plans are just to eat lots of chocolate  :D
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • SueHeath
    Options
    So far so good @woodbine for the weather - but then again we do live in England any think can happen.

Wow New York @bg844 that will be nice for you.
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Not feeling good today headache worn out not eating just want to sleep good job mum is out with the carer I wouldn't vote today at all otherwise 
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Wouldn't cope not vote lol
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,508 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Do you think you'll manage to eat something today @lisathomas50? I think it's important that you try and speak to your GP if you don't feel able to eat, or if you're having trouble with your sleep. 

Will you and your mum be spending Easter together? 

National Campaigns Officer at Scope, she/her

• woodbine
    Options
    @lisathomas50 get well soon

2024 Election won

• leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Get well soon @lisathomas50.

As for Easter weekend, I haven’t even thought about it really. There won’t be any visitors and probably no eggs either. In any case I’m far more interested in headphones at the moment. I’ve been trying to get a pair of normal stereo ones which sound good with my bass guitar amp. Not as easy as you might imagine. They have to be 32 ohms or slightly more and have at least 40mm drivers to faithfully reproduce the low end of the E string. So far I’ve tried six and all failed except for a pair which cost less than ten pounds! They were even better than a pair costing £72 and which were made for bass. A whole new world to me, you can spend literally hundreds on headphones, who knew! 🤨

Sorry to digress, yes Easter, well lets hope the fine weather continues at least then I can sit outside and enjoy the garden.

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,508 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I hope you find a suitable pair soon @leeCal :) 

Hopefully the weather will be nice! I'll be around on the community over the Easter weekend, so I'll be spending the evening with a couple of my family members. I'm hoping there'll be a roast cooking!

National Campaigns Officer at Scope, she/her

• SueHeath
    Options
    Sorry to hear your not well @lisathomas50 lets hope it's just for today darling.
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 55,645 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Get well soon  Lisa.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.