Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Bank holiday payments.

Options
woodbine
woodbine Community member Posts: 12,088 Disability Gamechanger
If your benefits are due for payment on 2/3/4/5 June due to the extended bank holiday weekend they will be paid on Weds 1st June.

2024 Election won

Comments

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thanks for the heads up @woodbine :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    Options
    Just to point out no one will be due to be paid 4th / 5th June anyway, as far as I know DWP don’t make payments that day, if anyone gets payments over weekends it’s down to their bank. 
  • bg844
    bg844 Community member Posts: 3,887 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm not with them but I do know Barclays pay Mondays payments on a Saturday. I am however due a payment on Friday 3rd so that'll obviously be Wednesday with my bank who never ever pay anything early.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 12,088 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    MarkM88 said:
    Just to point out no one will be due to be paid 4th / 5th June anyway, as far as I know DWP don’t make payments that day, if anyone gets payments over weekends it’s down to their bank. 
    Was only going off what the Gov.uk site was saying

2024 Election won

• MarkM88
    edited May 2022
    Options
    That’s fair enough, I was just pointing out as far as I am aware  DWP don’t make payments on a weekend. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 56,964 Disability Gamechanger
    edited May 2022
    Options
    Marc86 said:
     MarkM88 said:

Incorrect. They don't make payment at the weekend sure but people can still be due their money on 4th and 5th so it's relevant. Especially for UC claimants who get paid on a set date rather than fortnightly or 4weekly.

That's not correct. Mark is correct. DWP do not make payments on weekends. Even for UC if your payment date falls on any weekend, you will receive it on the Friday. My daughters payment date is 24th of each month, if this falls on any weekend then it's always paid on the Friday. It's happened a few times since she's claimed.
    For all other benefits if payment day is a Monday some banks will release funds on a Saturday. My bank hasn't done this for many years so a Monday payment, is available on a Monday.
    If your pay day is on a weekend or bank holiday you will receive your payment earlier – usually on the last working day before that weekend or bank holiday.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Laura442
    Laura442 Community member Posts: 54 Connected
    Options
    Marc86 said:
    woodbine said:
    If your benefits are due for payment on 2/3/4/5 June due to the extended bank holiday weekend they will be paid on Weds 1st June.
    You're doing a great service putting this up. Don't know why anyone would try and further clarify as it contains all the information needed.
    I totally agree. Thank you @woodbine <3
  • MarkM88
    Options
    I might of used the word “due” but if you continue reading I made it clear that DWP don’t make payments on a weekend, hence the 4th and 5th, so I was correct in what I was saying. 
  • MarkM88
    Options
    MarkM88 said:
    And I said DWP don’t make payments that day. Correct. 
  • MarkM88
    edited May 2022
    Options
    Marc86 said:
    Doesn't mean they're not due then as I explained and why having the 4th and 5th stated is relevant. Why are you even still arguing? Is it a need to have the last word? Don't worry mate, I won't reply again so you can have it.
    Brilliant, I appreciate that. 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

Note from online community team:

We want this discussion to continue, but we’re choosing to pause it for now so things can cool down. For more information, please read our online community house rules.

We hope to review and un-pause the discussion within the next day.

Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
This discussion has been closed.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.