Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Time travel ?

Options
woodbine
woodbine Community member Posts: 12,103 Disability Gamechanger
If you could chose which decade would you like to travel back to ? Not just to visit but to actually live in ?

For me it would have to be the 1950's, when things were much simpler and the music much much better, the only downside would be the prospect of national service.

2024 Election won

Comments

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 14,983 Disability Gamechanger
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Nice to see you back again @woodbine.

Do we have to take our health issues/disabilities with us? If so I’d go as recent as possible because my issues aren’t compatible with old fashioned times and I’d want a society that’s as understanding as possible.

If no issues then I’d probably say the 60s.

Cars much cooler - no worries about global warming - E-type Jag, Mark 1 Ford Mustang, etc. Also, life much simpler like you say. Also national service had just ended. That said if it wasn’t for my issues I perhaps wouldn’t have minded doing military service anyway and may even consider it as a career.
  • woodbine
    Options
    No problem you can go as you are or as you would like to be.

2024 Election won

• 66Mustang
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Just wondering but what are some of your favourite music producers or songs from the 50s? :)
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    As long as there was electric and flushing toilets I'm not fussy 

I would rather go forward to the future than backwards 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,031 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I have everything I need and want right here, right now. If I went back, I wouldn’t have my girls or my grandson. They are my whole world. 
    I’ve also got another grandchild due end of July. So many reasons to stay right where I am. 
    What I would love is one more day with my nan and that would be all I ask for. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I agree @poppy123456 but I looked at it as just what decade but with your family etc with you but you make a good point 

As you the 1 reason I would like to go back is to see my dad again 
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I think the twenties really, looked like fun. Mind you I’d need to be well orf.

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• 66Mustang
    Options
    leeCal said:
    Mind you I’d need to be well orf.
    Ha ha I was thinking the same.

If only I could bring my small amount of savings back with me I’d buy a modest house and the aforementioned E-type Jag. But the Jag was an awful lot of money back then in current monetary values! :p
  • woodbine
    Options
    66Mustang said:
    Just wondering but what are some of your favourite music producers or songs from the 50s? :)
    my favourite music from the 50's is what is now referred to as "doo wop" at the time it was rock n roll.
    Looking forward to the new Elvis film out in 2 weeks.

2024 Election won

• Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,949 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I couldn't pick I'd love to try out loads of them! I always quite liked the idea of the early 1900s fashion! Wouldn't suit me at all and I wouldn't fit in at all but I'd like to try it lol
  • woodbine
    Options
    leeCal said:
    I think the twenties really, looked like fun. Mind you I’d need to be well orf.
    All those "flappers"

2024 Election won

• emancherry33
    emancherry33 Community member Posts: 3,640 Pioneering
    Options
    Me I was interested in Roman times when I was young so for me send me back to the height of the Roman empire.
  • life
    life Community member Posts: 527 Pioneering
    Options
    Ancient Egyptian times but of course I'd have to be a king or some form of royalty to enjoy my own pyrimid when I die 😂😂
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.