Do Scope send cold callers? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Do Scope send cold callers?

Options
Maxwell8
Maxwell8 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Kinda dishevelled young man with a crumpled SCOPE t-shirt over a shirt called. No Lynard or ID. Do Scope send out cold callers? 

Comments

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Hi @Maxwell8

Thanks for your query. 

Forgive me as I'm not 100% certain here as to whether Scope have door to door fundraisers. if so, whether the D2D fundraisers are active at the moment I'm not sure, or whether they should have any kind of ID or proof that they are from Scope I'm again uncertain, but could look in to this for you?

Alternatively, you'd be more than welcome to get in touch and provide your feedback / share your concerns :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • elahrairah
    elahrairah Scope Member Posts: 49 Courageous
    Options
    Here in Cardiff we have door to door fundraisers for Scope occasionally.  We had one last year and then two last week!  It's what inspired me to come here.  Blue scope shirts and ID, although I didn't check it.  Nice enough lad, but I don't like the script, which suggests through implication that the rest of my neighbours have all signed up to fund Scope as a community endeavor.  It is the same script that Dog's Trust and some internet provider have used on my doorstep in recent years and its manipulative and abusive use of language. 
  • SueHeath
    SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,420 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I wouldn't support any charity etc if they came knocking on my door - just incase - i worry about scams,
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    We have a page on our website about our face-to-face fundraisers, and how to know whether they're genuine or not :) 
    Recognising Scope fundraisers
    Scope fundraisers will:
    • have a photo ID badge
    • have a letter allowing them to collect Direct Debits on Scope's behalf
    • usually be wearing something with the Scope logo on it. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.