Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Archie R.I.P

Options
woodbine
woodbine Community member Posts: 12,112 Disability Gamechanger
Young Archie passed away when his life support was withdrawn at 12.15 BST Saturday.
I'm sure all our sympathy is with his family who fought so hard.

Rest In Peace x

2024 Election won

Comments

• Karen7788
    Karen7788 Scope Member Posts: 598 Pioneering
    Options
    R.I.P Archie. 
  • Oxonlady
    Oxonlady Scope Member Posts: 565 Pioneering
    Options
    RIP Archie, your parents did everything they could for you. You are loved so much. I hope that in time, they too, can be at peace with their memories of you, until you meet again. 
  • vikingqueen
    vikingqueen Scope Member Posts: 1,495 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
                One day his parents will wake up and he wont be the 1st thing they think of. It does get easier with time.  Safe journey young man  <3
  • MadCow1
    MadCow1 Community member Posts: 407 Pioneering
    Options
    RIP Archie,
    my thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends at this very sad time. He gained his wings & now flying high with the angels.
  • Cartini
    Cartini Community member Posts: 1,108 Pioneering
    Options
    I agree it is a sad situation, but I feel his mother should have let him go earlier.
    He is (or now was) brain stem dead, there would be no recovery from that. These months of trying to stop the inevitible has put other people at risk.
    Before anyone tries clubbing me saying I don`t understand - I do.  My eldest son had a severe asthma attack when he was 3. An ambulance was called for, but in the time it took from calling for one to the time it got to our house my son passed.  I performed CPR and brought him back and the ambulance crew took over when they arrived (if that wasn`t bad enough, the hospital treated my wife and I as though we were criminals).  I`ll never forget his death rasp - his last breath before I did CPR.
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    RIP Archie.

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• MadCow1
    Options
    I do understand what you mean @Cartini, it was a very difficult situation all round for family and hospital staff. My heart goes out to anyone who loses a child,I can't begin to imagine what it must feel like. My sincere condolences to you & your family for when you experienced your loss,no matter how long ago it was,it must have been hard.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 12,112 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Cartini sorry to read about your loss, I cannot imagine for a second how hard it must be for anyone to lose a child.

2024 Election won

• Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 55,726 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm glad that he was finally able to rest in piece, there was no come back for Archie. 
    That must of been awful for you @Cartini not only for your son but the way you were both treated. 
  • Cartini
    Options
    Hello everyone who has commented on my post,
    I`m afraid I`ve confused everyone by putting the death rasp as a last comment; his last breath was before I started CPR which brought him back.  I meant that even now, 35 years later, I can still hear the rasp as his tiny heart stopped. 
    Thankfully the 1st Aid lectures we had to attend in the Navy paid off and CPR was successful.
    I apologise for confusing you, but I`d also like to say I`m overwhelmed by the show of compassion for our then situation.  Thankfully we didn`t lose him, but it was an incredibly stressful and upsetting experience.
    Thank you,
    Andy
  • SueHeath
    SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,420 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    R.I.P Archie and thoughts go to his family  <3
  • MadCow1
    Options
    Hi @Cartini,

So pleased that your son was ok after all . It still must have been very traumatic for you & your wife at the time, something that you never forget no matter how long ago it was.

• Cartini
    Options
    Thank you; it was and it will never be forgotten.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.