Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

Reffered to the Work and Health program

Options
wendy41
wendy41 Community member Posts: 228 Pioneering
Since being unemployed for what feels like 'eternity' I've been referred to the work and health program to try and move forward with finding a job. I miss interacting with people and having a monthly wage. Anyone else been referred to this program and what is your view of it overall? I was also referred previously to their APTEM (jasper) program to help with finding work also. Anyone been on this and what was your view  of it overall? I'm cooperating as I'm pretty isolated at present time. I never seem to go any further than the pharmacy or the local shop due to mobility issues.  :/ 

Comments

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @wendy41

Thanks for telling us about what you are going through at the moment, how do you feel about being referred to the programme? Do you know yet when it starts?

Hopefully you can achieve what you want to achieve and this programme can support you towards that. Sorry to hear that you feel quite isolated at the moment, again I hope that taking part in the programme can help ease those feelings. Good luck with it, and make sure to keep us updated on your progress!
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • wendy41
    Options
    Update: Currently on the work and health program previously known as RESTART! (eye roll!). Anyway, it's with SEETEC PLUSS and a ''work change coach''.  I'm currently working through their online portal which 'tracks' your progress. Also have had help to revamped my CV for online (ATS) which is software what some employers use to sift CV's. But there is never the ''perfect CV''. I'm compliant! 
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    That's positive to hear @wendy41 thank you for the update :) How are you feeling about your revamped CV?
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • wendy41
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Hi @Alex_Scope
    Its yes and no. I have different versions of my cv typed out. My original was in chronological order with bullet points. The revamped one is in 'sections' which I couldn't visualise at the time. It's better in parts but looks like I've not worked alot. Where as I'm aware this is for 'online' sending. If it's an interview I can always take along a printed version of my original. However there is never a perfect cv version. As you have to mould it to any job your applying for. Right now it's about just getting a more 'positve' outlook with trying to obtain work. I feel sceptical about stuff. As it's all fine and dandy in a 'perfect world' but in reality; an employer just wants you there to do the work and then for you to disappear when they no longer need you. I feel like a revolving door...as much as I want to work, I know it's limited. The negatives outweigh the positives!
  • Alex_Alumni
    Options
    Hi @wendy41 thanks for explaining, that sounds positive to me :)

It's great that you have different versions ready to go. One of the best pieces of advice I got when applying for jobs is to mould your CV to each role as you say! 

I think it's okay to feel sceptical, hunting for a job can feel never ending. It's difficult when you work hard applying to be rejected, but each time is a chance to improve, and it sounds like that;s something you're already doing by working on your CVs. 

It takes hard work and a little luck, but you're doing exactly the right things, and you've got support too. The community is here if you're finding it tough going, as I'm sure you won't be alone in feeling frustrated.

What kind of work would you enjoy doing? 
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

• wendy41
    Options
    @Alex_Scope My work 'history' has been in factory and warehouse but can't do that anymore due to mobility issues. So change of direction is remote working. I'm good on a computer and spreadsheets. When I'm in the warm I'm okay but anytime spent outside I seize up. Summer I'm able to walk better but 'cold weather' feels like I'm living in the north pole! However have to just get on with it! 
  • Alex_Alumni
    Options
    It can be tricky to do anything when we're feeling cold and stiff @wendy41, let alone working!

Good IT skills are definitely something in demand, particularly for remote working roles. I wish you all the best for your continued search :)
    Scope

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.