Power cuts ? - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Power cuts ?

2»

Comments

• L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2022
    I am, unfortunately, not knowledgeable to comment properly on this thread.

However, I did want to say @Wibbles you made me chuckle and smile with the reference to Homer Simpsons. 

Thank you to everyone who is more knowledgeable and responding better than I can on this thread! Please feel free to continue posting and supporting each other  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • suzylou
    suzylou Community member Posts: 21 Courageous
    Hmm seen that no battery power heater exists. Am just not cut out for power cuts. Looking at camper stoves very confusing not knowing which one to buy and how to use them and if they can be used on counter tops etc etc. Am constantly confused and overwhelmed and overly worried and anxious and sad.
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,606 Disability Gamechanger
    I'd be very cautious with camping stoves.  Anything with a flame could be a fire hazard, especially if you can get easily distracted.  I hope that doesn't come across as insulting as it's not meant to.  I wouldn't trust myself with a flame powered appliance!
  • suzylou
    suzylou Community member Posts: 21 Courageous
    i have decided not to buy a camping cooker as not meant for inside or a butane gas heater as dont know how to use them. you have to buy bottle of gas and you need a pipe like thing to connect it and dont understand how to use it.  will just keep warm in thermals and a duvet and just eat biscuit and cereal bar. Will use up all food in freezer by end of december as not meant to refreeze food once defrosted. just keep refridgerated food. They should give notice when power cut will happen and shouldnt happen more than an hour or so. i dont understand why power cut as dont depend on russia for gas unless diverting gas coming here to other countries. I worry for my old dad as he cannot be cold. All rather worrying and with energy bills going up.
  • Luchia
    Luchia Community member Posts: 266 Pioneering
    Not overly worried as we have solar panels with battery backup, we have around 3 days of energy stored already so if they are only off for 3 hours a day it would be fine for awhile 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,830 Disability Gamechanger
    suzylou said:
    i have decided not to buy a camping cooker as not meant for inside or a butane gas heater as dont know how to use them. you have to buy bottle of gas and you need a pipe like thing to connect it and dont understand how to use it.  will just keep warm in thermals and a duvet and just eat biscuit and cereal bar. Will use up all food in freezer by end of december as not meant to refreeze food once defrosted. just keep refridgerated food. They should give notice when power cut will happen and shouldnt happen more than an hour or so. i dont understand why power cut as dont depend on russia for gas unless diverting gas coming here to other countries. I worry for my old dad as he cannot be cold. All rather worrying and with energy bills going up.
    It's very unlikely that there will be any power cuts, this was another example of the media trying to scare people.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.