Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Which power do you pick?

Options
Biblioklept
Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,995 Disability Gamechanger
From the following, which special power would you choose and why?

Which power do you pick? 9 votes

Look 15 years younger
0%
Communicate with animals
33%
leeCalRia_porter16[Deleted User] 3 votes
Can freeze anything you like instantly
0%
Read minds for 4 days
0%
Can turn invisible for a maximum of 1 hour per day
44%
Adrian_Scope66MustangBibliokleptBinky1234 4 votes
Accurately predict everyone's death
11%
Sandy_123 1 vote
X-ray vision
11%
Siwheels73 1 vote

Comments

• Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,995 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm torn between turning invisible as it might help me venture outside and not worry and communicate with animals as it seems like a money making opportunity :D 
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Communicate with animals
    I’d like to communicate with animals to reassure them that I’m not a threat, nor should they be to me. It would be interesting to get their opinions on various matters.

for example, this very morning I eventually managed to gently catch a young pigeon and put it on my extension roof. It wanted to be higher up nearer its parents and away from danger. It was probably slightly stressful for the bird being handled but I did it fast and gently. It’s perfectly happy up there now waiting for the strength in its wings to be able to fly up on to my main roof and perhaps get fed. 

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 55,753 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Accurately predict everyone's death
    I picked the most morbid because I like to be organised lol
  • Binky1234
    Binky1234 Community member Posts: 438 Pioneering
    Options
    Would love to be invisible.

Then again would love to be able to communicate animals, I would love to know what my dog thinks, also would love to for example work at vets and be able to reassure the animals or warn birds, foxes etc when bad people are around or when hunting season starts.

Tbh I prefer the company of animals to some people.

Sometimes when watching what the human race can do you wonder who is the animal!

Knowing When to walk away is Wisdom, being able is courage, walking away with your head held high is dignity.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.