Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Do you decorate for Christmas? 🎄🎁🎅

Options
Biblioklept
Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,995 Disability Gamechanger
edited November 2022 in Coffee lounge
Do you decorate for Christmas?? If so, what sort of decorations do you put up??

I'm not a huge Christmassy person but this year I have urge to try and decorate my home but I don't know where to even start other than buying a tree
Tagged:

Comments

• Grinchy
    Grinchy Community member Posts: 1,932 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    we decorate the living room, my wife bought some new twinkly lights for the walls they should look good, as well as the tree and ceiling decorations, love the season
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 12,112 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    We have a narrow tree (not space for a bigger one) decorate the fireplace and thats about it, will go up week before xmas and down on Jan 2nd.

2024 Election won

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 14,982 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You could decorate the outside of your house to bring cheer to passers by :) 
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 55,759 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2022
    Options
    I've got the tree to decorate some window stickers for the windows and I've bought two silhouette frames that lights up for windows too. Plus the dining  table will be done nicely
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,141 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I have a 6ft tree that I decorate. I also have a sideboard that I use to make a Christmas display with pretty lights and other various decorations. I bought them last year for my grandson. 
    I no longer decorate the ceiling, that went out of the window about 20 years ago. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • creamcrackered
    creamcrackered Scope Member Posts: 38 Courageous
    Options
    We have a tree in the front window with woodland animals and birds on. We decorate around the fire place with mainly little Christmas ornaments and hang the stockings. We put a bit of something in each room downstairs usually light up little wooden scenes on shelving and white deer on the kitchen window sill. New tree lights for us this year, warm glow I find is less harsh than white and feels cosier too.
  • bg844
    bg844 Community member Posts: 3,887 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I do put a tree up. Not feeling festive in the slightest at the moment haha but I follow the 12 days before 12 days after rule.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 12,112 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I have a 6ft tree that I decorate. I also have a sideboard that I use to make a Christmas display with pretty lights and other various decorations. I bought them last year for my grandson. 
    I no longer decorate the ceiling, that went out of the window about 20 years ago. 
    the decorations or the ceiling ?  :) 🎄

2024 Election won

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I usually decorate tye lounge with fibre optic tree got its own decorations on then some Xmas ornaments. Cushions,  light up presents on floor and cute wall pictures 

Put 3d pictures on lichen units and in hall way 

Not decorating this year with not being home 
  • SueHeath
    SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,420 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Sorry i'm a bit OTT even get christmas toilet rolls  :D 
  • life
    life Community member Posts: 527 Pioneering
    Options
    Not really feeling Christmas ATM. Maybe when we get real close to it. 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    woodbine said:
    the decorations or the ceiling ?  :) 🎄

Haha, thankfully the decorations :D
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Sandy_123
    edited November 2022
    Options
    Our baby will be 5  and half months too poppy, I've put everyone's gifts in gift bags then my daughter said can you wrap babies, as it's her 1st Xmas. I got her a vtec ball that lights up and sings, but it rolls itself  away too to encourage crawling. 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Sandy_123 said:
    Our baby will be 5  and half months too poppy, I've put everyone's gifts in gift bags then my daughter said can you wrap babies, as it's her 1st Xmas. I got her a vtec ball that lights up and sings, but it rolls itself  away too to encourage crawling. 

I had forgotten your grandchild was about the same age. I got my grand daughter the same ball (pink) and a few other things too. Those baby smiles are just the cutest aren't they?
  • Sandy_123
    Options
    Oh you got the same ball, it's a lovely toy I think and yes full of smiles now and babbling
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Yes, i ordered the red one first and then realised it's available in pink so got that one instead. There's so much choice now, makes me want to be little again :D
  • Binky1234
    Binky1234 Community member Posts: 438 Pioneering
    edited November 2022
    Options
    My Grandson will be 22 months really looking forward to Christmas day this year.

We put a projector of Santa and his sleigh on the front of the house, projector at back of house is snow flakes.

Christmas lights along the garage gutter that goes along to door canopy, wreath on front door. That's the outside done ✔

6 foot prelit  tree living room and the usual decorations.

Up to last year we used to have Mr and Mrs Claus that stood and sang together, also had a telescopic snowman that we bought a good 30 years ago but unfortunately last year our very silly fur baby #dog must have thought bah humbug cos he wrecked all 3 decorations.

Decorations will go up in 2nd week in December and come down 2nd January.

I plan to wrap our Grandsons presents in tissue paper as last year he was not sure what to do, 1st birthday we wrapped his pressie in tissue paper and he seemed to manage and like that.

Knowing When to walk away is Wisdom, being able is courage, walking away with your head held high is dignity.
  • Binky1234
    Binky1234 Community member Posts: 438 Pioneering
    Options
    We have a tree in the front window with woodland animals and birds on. We decorate around the fire place with mainly little Christmas ornaments and hang the stockings.
    That is what I miss about my old house is the fire place, is was so nice at Christmas especially when the kids were small and hanging the Christmas stockings up.

Knowing When to walk away is Wisdom, being able is courage, walking away with your head held high is dignity.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,499 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Making your own decorations can be fun too @Biblioklept :)

National Campaigns Officer at Scope, she/her

• SueHeath
    SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,420 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Sounds like your getting a bit down in the dumps at the moment @Ada could be because your not feeling well darling,
    give it a week or two then get your tree up for you and the dog, do some carol singing that can be up lifting, unless it's me singing of course ha ha xx
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.