ESA appeal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA appeal

Options
pataitch
pataitch Community member Posts: 2 Listener

I had a esa assement thry told me I hadn't enough poins and I ended going onto jsa, I had to sign on, my doctor gave me a long term sick note, saying I,m not fit for work, and they said I had to sort out esa again I have just sent a letter of appeal, written by CAB which I have just sent today, I am62 suffer with epilepsy arthritis asthma and cataracts, and if I cough or sneeze I leak.

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @pataitch

A very very warm welcome to you I do hope that we can help you in anyway???

I'm very very sorry to hear about your problems with your esa assessment.

Hopefully now that you have got CAB involved things should be much better for you????

Please please let us know if we can help you in anyway????

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Let us know how you get on @pataitch

Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 740 Listener
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Candyfloss
    Candyfloss Community member Posts: 34 Listener
    Options
    Hi Candyfloss here.received MR came 2day,however can't see Rep for 2 weeks is there anyway to speed up the process.? Also if my doctor puts down the same illness will I still be eligible for ESA .?
  • pataitch
    pataitch Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    I am waiting for a date to go to a triubunal for esa, I am on bereavement payment but that will only last till 1yr after bereavement, I was on the sick for 3 months previous, as I have epilepsy arthritis on
    going cataract probs. at 62 I just wish now dwp would just leave me alone
  • Candyfloss
    Candyfloss Community member Posts: 34 Listener
    Options
    Hi Pataitch, I am in the same age group as yourself so I understand your worries.As I know what is waiting for me at the JOBCENTRE!!!!!!! I have applied for housing benefit based on my Occupational Pension alone even after advice that I would only be able to protect  my home by signing on.As your circumstances maybe different in this respect, my advice is to amass as much evidence as u can get representation while u wait ,Sick notes which should put u back on ESA.til your appeal is heard.Most of all ( and I know how hard this is) try to keep positive and remember you are not alone.LOL
  • michelle2908
    michelle2908 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Options
    Michelle 2908 here, is it better that I get sick notes from dr while I put in appeal for ESA, I'm signing on at minute. It's very stressful ,I can't get CAB to help ,no one available 
  • michelle2908
    Options
    Thanks Tomm, just to clarify, if the hmcts accept my appeal, I need sicknotes from the date my esa stopped, if I lose the appeal I expect I'll need to pay some back though as esa is more than Jsa. Thanks for advice.
  • michelle2908
    Options
    Thank you for that, really helpful information from you.much appreciated 
  • debrightstar
    debrightstar Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Options
    Hope it gets sorted soon for you 
  • Michelleligg
    Michelleligg Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Options
    Just wanted to find out about getting a car 
    Michelleligg

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.