HP Report details the worses aspects of condition — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

HP Report details the worses aspects of condition

Options
atypical
atypical Community member Posts: 5 Listener
Hello,

My condition varies and I got this through at the face2face, explained how things are going through the impact.

I got Enhanced daily living and enhanced mobility

Recent recieved a copy of the HP report and they have detailed that my condition has variations but the evidence they have wrote down seems to be only the information for the worse of the bad days.

e.g. on over 50% of days i use a chair/bed as support to help dress my lower limbs.  However when am having a really bday day or have an operation i need the help of another person to dress my lower limbs.

In the HP report they put - She states needs the help of father to dress lower limbs.

Is this correct but only statisfies a small percentage of the bad days.

Am still stressing over it all - and it has massively help me but at the same time massively crushed my confidence and increase my worry.

Thanks

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,041 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm not sure what you're worried about here. You've been awarded the highest possible award and no matter how many points you get now your award won't increase.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I can understand your concerns  because nobody wants to accept that we are disabled. We spend our time denying that we are and find ways to manage our lives as best we can.
    You were seen by an HCP that was professional and trained to see through coping mechanisms. Just because you have found ways to manage doesn't mean that you are not worthy of the right assistance which your HCP deemed was appropriate.
    Carry on with living to the best of your ability, you have got it right and maybe you can pass on some of your experience to the many people that are struggling.

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Options
    atypicalatypical,

I think you've got good advice here. I know it's difficult to see this written down about you but it sounds as if the HP was one of the better ones who is genuinely thinking about whether you're someone who should get PIP. I'd be wary of challenging the report because of the financial benefits you could get from a higher award. 

If you're worried because you think that the report has resulted in you getting more money than you should based on the points system and how often you actually have difficulties, then you could go through the points system and see what you get on the self-test. I wouldn't be surprised if you ended up with enhanced points, maybe from slightly different activities than in the report. But it might put your mind at rest to see that you are getting the right award.

If you are still worried after doing the points test do get back to us. Going back to your confidence issues though, this is something you could perhaps talk to your GP about - and you will get lots of help on the forum too. Remember that assessor only saw you very briefly. Good HPs do exist but even they are very rushed and under pressure to complete reports quickly.

Will
    The Benefits Training Co:

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.