Disabled premium — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Disabled premium

wattycz1
wattycz1 Community member Posts: 31 Connected
Hi  I have been trying to get information about disability premium but keep going round in circles 
Brief history,  support group contributions based ESA support group and PIP enhanced daily living with standard mobility. Living with wife who works and not receiving carers allowance would appreciate some information about this 

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    The premiums are only paid when you have ESA(IR) then other requirements kick in

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @wattycz1,

You might like to have a read through this past discussion about Disability Premium, if you haven't seen it already. Sometimes hearing about others' experiences can be the most helpful thing! 
  • wattycz1
    Hi@PippaScope I had been reading alot of discussions and i have been going round in circles there too. Contributions based ESA is what I have and it seems to me that it doesn't entitle you to anything extra?
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Sorry to hear that, @wattycz1. Hopefully one of the benefits advisors will be able to assist you further with this!
  • CockneyRebel
    Contribution ESA will not qualify you for the premiums, only ESA income related will do so. depending on your wifes income and any savings you may have you could receive a top up which would be IR , then you would be able to claim the premiums. You could try putting all your details into the on line benefit calculator or get a full benefit check from the CAB

CR
  • wattycz1
    I have done a benefits check with partners weekly pay and shows nothing regarding IR or SDP only gives options for CB ESA  so confusing  thanks for the reply anyway  
  • CockneyRebel
    Unfortunately your combined income and/or savings preclude you from the premiums

CR
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Hi wattycz1,

It does sound as though your partner's weekly pay means you are not entitled to any income-related ESA, which is when the additional premiums form part of the calculation.
    You could always phone the DWP and ask to make a claim for IR ESA and they will assess it, if you want to find a definitive answer. If they refuse it they should show how it has been calculated so you can understand it better.

Lee
    The Benefits Training Co:

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.