Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Want to give us your opinion? Complete our annual survey.

ESA Appeal

SystemSystem Posts: 510

Scope community team

This discussion was created from comments split from: ESA mandatory appeal.

Replies

• totspringtotspring Member Posts: 8 Listener

Hi All

I need help Iv just lost my mandatory Appeal for ESA, I now have to go to Appeal. How do I convince them that my numerous ailments wont allow me to work anymore. I lost my job of 30yrs due to all my problems, and no other job was suitable for me. All this is new to me and I am feeling like giving up and not continuing with the appeal!!!

• janice_in_wonderlandjanice_in_wonderland Member Posts: 265 Pioneering
    From what I have heard the majority of MR are lost & most appeal... I get the impression it's a standard prucuedure

I am checking my bank acc for ESA every 2 weeks living on basics taking mine to an appeal 

it's a struggle but I'm relieved I don't drink or smoke although buying reduced food is not helping my health & symptoms 

I'd suggest making sure you have a good support worker or welfare advisor who can help you deal with it all 

hope it all goes well for you
  • Pippa_AlumniPippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,851 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @totspring,

I'm so sorry your outcome wasn't what you hoped for, that must have been incredibly disappointing. Unfortunately, it seems that you and @janice_in_wonderland aren't alone in your difficulties in accessing ESA.

I'd really recommend looking through the other posts in the Employment Issues, Finances and ESA group and hearing from others who've been in similar positions. If you haven't seen them already, this resource from Disability Rights UK may be helpful, as well as this one from Citizens Advice.

Do keep us updated on the progress of your appeals and the Online Community will do as much as it can to support you!
    I've just relocated 100 miles away from all of my support to start a new life in a dream home bungalow - I'm too stressed to attend a first Drs appt after breaking down in tears on my 2nd attempt to register which I was ok as the receptionist helped me... fortunately my previous dr sent a prescription & patient summary to me to add to relevant documents as proof... 
    i go from feeling v positive & telling myself things are going to be fine to the other extreme of not knowing if I'll end up having sell try & sell everything in case I'm evicted... nobody knows how I suffer apart from the hospital who totally understands me - I'm too worn out to cope with medical appts & just want to stay home alone 
    I only go out if I need to & even then I feel fragile after everything thats happened but bc I'm a tall slim blonde who looks & sounds ok ppl are ignorant to my well being 

im sure a high number of ppl feel the same that invisible unpredictable conditions & symptoms draw the negative attention assuming we are 'fit' when the truth is we are easily exhausted 
  • Pippa_AlumniPippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,851 Disability Gamechanger
    Hey @janice_in_wonderland,

It must have been daunting to make the move away from your support systems, and I'm sure it'll take you a while to find your feet. It might not be much, but please know that you're not alone: I have an invisible chronic illness and could really relate to what you said above, especially the part about how you feel that nobody understands how you suffer. I'm sure there are plenty of others who unfortunately can relate too!

Life can be tough, but I hope you find comfort in the fact that there are others experiencing it too, and we're all here to support you!
    Thank you PippaScope 

providing i am not under any pressure I can manage 

I have a long history of emotional abuse family, relationships, work and 11 years of asb neighbours in 3 diff properties so I'm hoping I can settle here to recuperate and try to enjoy basics 

I'm here if you need to chat although I can be a tad sporadic in replying 

i don't attend a religious building however I'm a great believer in the universe knowing the truth 

time to nap ;-) Tc 
  • CandyflossCandyfloss Member Posts: 34 Listener
    Hi Candyfloss here.We all need to express our woes and remember this forum is here when u feel alone.lol
Sign in or join us to comment.