Missed interview — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Missed interview

burken
burken Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I have been refused an appeal as I did not attend an interview,l I did not receive the letter inviting me go for interview

Comments

• janice_in_wonderland
    janice_in_wonderland Community member Posts: 265 Pioneering
    I dread this happening to me 

not sure what happens now 
  • loopyt
    loopyt Community member Posts: 79 Courageous
    I had great problems with Capita and making appointments so I asked my MP for help and he and his secretary have been so helpful so I suggest you either call or email/write to your MP? Good luck, it is so very stressful x
  • wildlife
    wildlife Community member Posts: 1,293 Pioneering
    @burken I don't know a lot about this but if I were you, as well as contacting your MP, I would ask for a call back from a Decision maker and tell them you didn't get the letter inviting you for an assessment. Based on what they advise you should demand to see proof that a letter was sent. All actions by both the assessment company and DWP are recorded on the system so this can be checked. Maybe no letter was sent, maybe it went to the wrong address. You won't know unless you ask. Please don't think you have to just accept this as it happens to other people as well and isn't your fault. 
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Is this for PIP os ESA ?

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @burken, I've moved your query into the Ask A Benefits Advisor group just in case they know of any ways to resolve this issue. 
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Is it an MR that has been refused ?
    Or have you applied to the tribunal and been refused ?

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    edited October 2017
    Hi burken,

Please can you post again and tell us what the appointment was for. You cannot be refused an appeal just because you missed an appointment. The following is an example of what would normally happen:
    1. You miss an appointment/assessment.
    2. The DWP write to you and ask you to tell them why you didn't attend.
    3. Once they've received your reply, they decide if you had a good reason for not attending.
    4. If they think you have, you are given another appointment. If they think you haven't, they tell you why and refuse/close your claim.
    At this point, you would then be able to request a mandatory reconsideration, and if this is refused, you can appeal to the tribunals service. An independent tribunal would then decide whether you had a good reason not to attend, and if they decide you had, the DWP would be instructed to send you another appointment. If your appeal fails, you have to make a new claim if you haven't already done so.

I hope all this makes sense, and if you can let us know at which point you are at along this journey, we can advise again.

Lee
    The Benefits Training Co:

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.