WIll we have to attend a face to face? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

WIll we have to attend a face to face?

DonDon
DonDon Community member Posts: 10 Listener
Good afternoon. I'm an appointee for my Daughter she is on enhanced PIP she will be 19 soon.
 The award is until Feb 2019 but they are contacting us after Feb 2018.
After we filled in the form my Daughter was required to attend a face to face but then an assessment was done without it.
I'm already dreading the renewal as to whether we will have to attend face to face.
Her condition is still the same but her meds have changed again and increased.
We also have a Monitor at night to.

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @DonDon

A very very big welcome to you this afternoon !!!!!!!

Here's some info on pip from our website for you.

https://www.scope.org.uk/support/disabled-people/benefits/pip

Please please let me know if I can help you further ???
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi DonDon and welcome

All claimants are required to have f2f assessments, unless the AP has sufficient information/evidence to be able to recommend on this alone.

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • DonDon
    Thank you both. They had enough evidence last time well after looking at it again. As I said her needs are still the same. 
    This new ar1 form I've heard mixed reviews as to just ticking no change 
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    It is worth submitting evidence even if ticking the no change boxes. If you have new evidence that her needs remain the same or just copies of the old evidence. Never assume that common sense lives at the DWP

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • DonDon
    Yes I do we are still changing meds and she will be having counselling which she has had before.
    She has JME Epilesy which are 3 types of seizures along with side effects of the Epilesy and side effects of meds.
    She has mood related issues, anger, memory loss, suffered with College course which now means she has had to enroll in an easier less stressful course. She still has 2 years of College yet
  • DonDon
    Thank you. DonDon
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering

Hi @DonDon

As CR says, the DWP usually do require a face to face assessment, however if they feel they have sufficient evidence then it is not mandatory that they do one.

Perhaps mention on the renewal that she would struggle with this, and that there has been no change, enclosing medical evidence etc etc.

Unfortunately, they may still want to see her - and if this is the case, just try not to panic - you can attend with her.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Mary

The Benefits Training Co:

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.