Stopping.DLA because I failed to attend f2f — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Stopping.DLA because I failed to attend f2f

Tellytubbies
Tellytubbies Community member Posts: 28 Connected
I.put.in.for.extra.help.for.DLA.they.stopped.my.lower.rate.for.non.attendance.my.doctor.gave.me.anote.to.cover.me.now.i.am.falling.in.to.debt.i.am.at.my.worst.in.mornings.i.wanted.afternoon.appointment.it.s.wrong.stopping.my.money.

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi Tellytubbies and welcome

If you fail to attend a f2f the assessment company should return your file to the DWP who should then ask you why you failed to attend. If you have good reason , your file should then go back to the AP and a new appointment arranged. If this doesn't happen then you will have to ask for a mandatory reconsideration.

Are your staying on DLA or is this a change to PIP ?

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2017
    Hi @Tellytubbies

A very very big welcome to you today !!!!!

I'm very very sorry to hear about your current situation.

• BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Hello Tellytubbies

I agree with CockneyRebel that PIP have to consider if you had good reason for not attending your F2F.  Have you sent the supporting GP letter to PIP?  If not it is worth sending this note with a covering letter explaining that you need an afternoon appointment and why you are unable to attend morning appointments.  Did you contact the medical assessment centre to ask for a change of appointment? If so, it may be worth stating in any letter to PIP that you contacted the centre to advise them of your difficulties but they did not change the appointment.

Please post again with the PIP decision, or if you need further help.

Maria

The Benefits Training Co:

• Tellytubbies
    I.got.another.appointment.for.23/10.at.9am.in.morning.my.brother.let.her.in.i.was.going.cancel.it.but.was.advised.to.keep.appointment.as.i.was.put.back.on.pip.journey.and.it.would.go.against.me.well.i.was.on.sofa.bed.sleeping.she.came.in.10.mins.late.could.nt.find.me.she.stated.she.had.45mins.she.rushed.through.questions.looking.at.clock.all.time.on.wall.i.was.having.worst.morning.ever.she.asked.me.how.many.of.them.do.i.have.i.said.four.but.what.i.meant.was.all.time.big.mistake.i.was.nt.thinking.my.brother.tried.to.tell.her.i.forget.things.she.hushed.him.up.quick.and.carried.on.typing.he.was.nt.involved.in.interview.at.end.she.asked.if.i.showered.and.had.wet.room.no.i.have.wash.in.bowl.my.sister.washes.me.down.and.helps.me.dress.it.all.went.out.of.window.i.wont.get.it.she.asked.my.n.i.number.and.said.i.made.good.eye.contack.and.could.hear.i.told.her.i.lip.read.and.wear.hearing.aid.after.this.she.squessed.my.fingers.and.left.she.never.asked.me.if.there.was.anything.to.add.as.i.wanted.to.say.more.it.was.to.quick.i.feel.i.know.i.have.failed.it.waste.of.time.i.am.upset.where.do.i.go.from.here.oh.yes.she.saw.my.sons.magazines.on.floor.and.said.you.read.i.said.not.much.i.m.in.to.much.pain.but.she.typed.it.down.i.am.slipping.back.into.deppression.now.any.help.appreciated.this.has.been.going.on.for.ayear.now
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    Hi Tellytubbies, 

I am sorry you feel the assessment didn't go well but please try not to worry about it too much. I have clients who thought the assessment went well and failed, and also clients who thought it didn't go well and were awarded it, so it can often be quite deceiving. Please let us know what the decision is when you get it and we can advise further if any advice is required. Fingers crossed for you.

Lee

• Tellytubbies
    Thanks.lee.just.got.letter.from.tribunal.reassment..from.the.ajourned.appeal.on.26/9.regarding.dwp.stopping.my.DLA..because.they.stopped.my.money.for.not.havinggood.reason.not.attending.is.nt.doctors.note.good.enough.under.reg13.it.can.happen.they.said.when.i.attended.first.tier.tribunal.i.was.willing.to.go.with.process.on.being.put.back.on.pip.journey.but.i.am.still.trying.to.fight.my.old.DLA.back.judge.said.capita.never.told.dwp.it.was.dwp.who.offered.to.put.me.back.on.journey.to.be.honest.i.nearly.told.them.i.ve.had.enough.now.it.s.gone.on.ayear.just.get.my.old.money.back.i.feel.they.are.discriminating.me.now
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    Tellytubbies,
    Hi - I'm not 100% sure what happened here but it sounds as if you had a tribunal hearing about your failure to attend a PIP assessment. What I can't tell is whether you got the right result or not! Hopefully you did. However, even if you get the right result in these circumstances, you don't get your DLA back. What happens is that your PIP claim continues (without payment) until there is a decision on whether or not you can get PIP.

If you are awarded PIP, you get that from the day after your DLA award ended.

It's always impossible to tell if an assessment has gone 'well' - as Lee says, the decision can go either way, whatever you felt at the time. So I would just wait and see what happens now, and hope the PIP decision is the right one.

Unfortunately nobody can get DLA 'back' - anyone on DLA who was under 65 on 8 April 2013 gets moved onto PIP eventually, and once you've claimed PIP, there is no way back.

Will

• Tellytubbies
    Thanks.for.that.i.am.really.worried.because.cab.told.me.that.i.should.have.been.getting.my.lower.rate.up.until.pip.decides.not.leave.me.without.my.benifit.i.have.seen.my.mp.and.tommorrow.i.am.going.to.see.my.doctor.i.am.going.to.fight.this.till.i.drop.i.am.not.letting.capita.or.dwp.get.better.i.had.lower.rate.for.indefinate.they.should.nt.change.rules.age.should.nt.come.into.it.if.you.are.diagnosed.that.should.be.that.i.appreciate.your.views.will.keep.you.up.to.speed.with.out.come
  • cath61
    cath61 Community member Posts: 28 Listener
    HI Tellytubbies, i had the same thing i didn't go my f2f appointment becuase my medication was changed and was unresponsive due to the medication, yes esa stopped housing stopped, now in a lot of debt..
    i had an appeal and the judge said it was not a good cause. so now im waiting for my SOR to find out why they said it was not a good cause. 
    i asked housing if they would do my claim as nil income and this was in April sent all bank statements in and everything else they asked for and they just keep saying with benefit adviser. 
    cath   
  • Tellytubbies
    Sorry Cathy I hope they will get it sorted for you before Christmas you don't want this hanging over your head how can they know how your condition can change it.s your body only you know how you feel they don't care to me say they see six people say they already know before seeing you who they will knock off benefit and who stays on it they have already read your file how can they say that.it.s.not.good.cause.medication.effects.people.in.different.ways.go.and.see.your.mp.soon.tell.her.they.are.helpful.and.will.do.what.they.can.for.you.goodluck.i.do.know.what.you.are.going.through.believe.me.dont.give.up.fight.for.your.rights.ok.go.and.get.legal.advice.they.are.keeping.you.hanging.on.so.in.end.you.ll.give.up.keep.me.posted
  • Tellytubbies
    Just.got.aletter.with.unpaid.postage.of.£2.00.i.had.to.travel.to.post.to.pick.it.up.as.they.could.nt.deliver.it.i.had.no.idea.who.it.was.from.so.i.asked.postmaster.where.it.came.from.he.said.no.forwarding.address.on.back.do.u.still.want.it.ok.i.was.anxious.to.know.not.expecting.any.post.unpaid.for.to.my.shock.i.opened.it.up.in.front.of.post.master.look.at.this.i.said.expences.form.from.hms.tribunals.i.attended.in.september.i.have.to.fill.in.he.laughed.i.went.all.way.there.and.it.was.adjourned.unlisted.crazy.i.paid.for.their.letter.for me to claim my expenses unbelievable i.m already out pocket I am really annoyed with this whole affair it.s not over yet feel like throwing in towel I wish I never asked for more help trouble i.m getting can't they afford a second class stamp
  • cath61
    That is shocking .... and i know how you feel, i feel like throwing the towel in as well, but i'm hoping it will get sorted soon. but i'm not sure it will ...
    cath 
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    That's almost unbelievable that you had to pay an expense to claim back your expenses, @Tellytubbies

I hope both yours and @cath61's issues are solved as quickly and hassle-free as possible. You're always more than welcome to come and share your experiences on the Online Community, and we'll do our best to support and assist you.
  • cath61
    Hi PippaScope 
    i have been online community and I've had a lot of support from people, but its so difficult trying to sort things out I've just sent letter to my MP and i will go to her open surgery. 
    Cath  
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    I can imagine, @cath61, the whole process seems incredibly time and energy consuming on people who might not necessarily have the luxury of time and energy. That sounds like a great idea, let us know how you get on with your MP!
  • Tellytubbies
    Message.for.cath.61.have you heard any more about your pip appeal thinking of you good luck 
  • cath61
    nope not heard anything as yet from my ESA appeal still waiting for my SOR 

• Tellytubbies
    Ring.them.up.and.explain.it.is.making.you.unwell.please.do.this.for.your.peace.of.mind.they.are.quick.enough.sending.you.for.medical.and.messing.about.with.your.money.it.s.your.right Cath good luck.look.how long they kept me waiting months from march until sept when I went to tribunal they had to adjourned it the panel were not qualified to comment about DWP stopping my money
  • cath61
    thank you for your support Tellytubbies it nice to know that people do understand what i'm going through and i will ring again and ask them.
    cath 
  • Tellytubbies
    Message.for will hi just wanted to know I first filled in pip form November last year do they back date payment from time you fill in form they used to withDLA l am still waiting for discussion on my claim over a year Nov 24 do anyone know about back payment if you get awarded.my.dla stopped in march failed to attend face to face tribunal on Tuesday next week I had home visit on 23 October no letter been two weeks are they waiting for me to go to tribunal.to.say.i.did.nt.give good enough reason and DWP will be sitting there.i.m.trying.get.my.money.back

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.