Is this a normal thing to do I thought it wrong . — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Is this a normal thing to do I thought it wrong .

cathie
cathie Community member Posts: 143 Courageous
Almost eighteen .possibly more .months before an assessment was even carried out removed my care and car moterbilty car. From me leaving me in major  problems like removing my legs .  After refusing my d.l.a ..to pip sending letter saying 4 point only they are aware of my disability and injured  limbs but can't award me pip .    Confussed me any body know any thing about this     only ever had one false piece of information completly missed any  medical  or any other part of pain clinic had me down as a knee replacement how blizzard. Same as e s.a office no records on computer just threats of sanction   over and over completly deaf to what I was putting to him   rude no people skills but its clear no home work done how strange   it would appear I vanished asked him did I die and no one informed me      hmm.
Only me .. cathie..

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @cathie
    When did you get this PIP decision? Have you appealed the decision at all? I have moved your post to the ask a benefit advisor category so you can get some support.
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Hi cathie,

I think you need to seek practical assistance from your local CAB or Welfare Rights Team to get the help you need. If your PIP claim has been refused you need to request a mandatory reconsideration, identify the points that you should have scored, and provide medical evidence to support your case. If the mandatory reconsideration comes back with the same decision you will need to appeal to the tribunals service. Good luck.

Lee
    The Benefits Training Co:

• callumchilled
    callumchilled Community member Posts: 12 Courageous
    Hi Cathie,

Visiting your local CAB or Welfare rights team is a very good idea.

You have to read the PIP form VERY carefully. I was initially awarded standard mobility, even though I fall over a lot and have trouble walking even short distances. I phoned them and said that the lady who came and assessed me at home said I would be eligible for the higher rate of the mobility component, but they told me I would have to fill the whole form again and reapply. They sent another form, and I showed it to my GP. The main point to reconsider on the form, for me at least, was could I do it SAFELY. 

in my first application, I had ticked the box saying I could walk 50+ metres, which I could do if only with a few bumps and grazes and my hip and feet bones seriously getting painful. I didn’t realise that they meant, Can you walk 50+ metres SAFELY. I can’t do 1 metre SAFELY. 

If you have a friend or relative who can phone them with you, and explain, it may also help. Make sure you are there when they phone as the PIP/ESA people will want to talk to you. If you tell them your friend or family member is there to help you, they should be ok with that.

Don’t despair. You WILL get through this. You CAN get through this. With help, I am certain that you will be able to sort out the muddle you’re in.

callum
  • cathie
    Callum. Thanks for words of surport . Truth is my awards were removed two years ago .managed to survive it not sure how  but my biggest  issue is the unfair treatment lies and cover up  s  I hate injustice  in any format  I know the failure  on my case  everyone  in the d.w.p  one hundred  per cent agree but no ball.s  to stand up and say it out loud   so see your struggle  say ahhh there there  they to are handcuffed by government so so sad  I'd like a tommy  gun for Xmas please dear  santa. .lol...get the elfs to make a batch sure they will be big on the wish list this year   gotta laugh ain't ya .....
    Only me .. cathie..
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    cathiecathie,

Really sorry to hear about this Cathie. Callum's advice is spot on. Don't give up - it's hard, but use whatever support you can find from friends/family. You might also want to tell your local MP about this - it's important that they know how awful the assessments can be and how the reports don't end up bearing any relation to your real-life situation.

If it's two years since your awards were removed, then for PIP at least, it's worth just having another go. Get help with filling in the claim form, if you can.

For ESA, it depends on the situation, so face to face advice seems a good idea - that benefit is a bit more restrictive when it comes to reclaiming.

Will

• cathie
    If it wasn't for the guy  who wasn't who he said he was  but on actual fact someone who job is of no fixed office hard to track him down shady how we were treated when 5ryimg to find him investigation  officer against  assessment  officersI would have never had fought this again but extremely  on  the point friend realised dates  being wrong  paper work not dated or signed ll my files from all areas of interest  missing  fact that d.w.p still putting on every letter I'm in receipt  of dla and care component  something fishy  getting a appeal  letter long before I had even thought about it as someone legal had a word so much has gone on  today I was able to see the pip assessment  om.g I'm so angery  I'm more than know a lot of foul play has gone on  and if I can prove  it  mark my words I will amazing while blowers taping recordings of such foul play people killing them self or dropping down dead yet  the government are still allowing and over paying this french company  that are now costing far more with people winning there cases  still 3nployed I think I'm missing something  fill pip firm honestly  and see your point I got maybe 2 possible four  . On today's I scored far to many no one should have taken th3s3 pounts from me I said all long thus form was filled out long before she got here she should be taken to court for this offence at least struck off  its criminal  what's going on  I now  know I was never assessed  before being faced with fit for work in 2009   iv been though he'll I be lived it was incompetence  I now think maybe the correct  word us corruption  I'm so so angry . I'm ready for them now  some e needs to get to the bottom of this and held accountable  disgraceful  and we lay down and die  no 2017 what 5he he'll is this 
    Only me .. cathie..
  • cathie
    I now understand why folk are saying how there made to feel question s they keep asking them self about there worthyNess  to file for.it .  Scared stiff of the interview even though  they are genuinely  in need of help and  deserve it  .mental health is a record no recorded fu
    Only me .. cathie..
  • cathie
    Due to what we are put though again and again .. I went to an work related interview in agony I might add  a man with no people skills no ability  to listen to  what he is being told  I was saying I don't know if I will have the ability to attend  the date he was screaming at me kept shouting I will have you sanctioned.he was clearly  very disabled  taken on by .d.w.p. With no skills.  Part of there programme  it's clear well a very reasonable  well mannered lady  just turned ugly  how dare he I burst out  you have done that and legally  made to pay by five grand and reinstated  all benifits  . He's watching manger  had the gore to jump to his defence.and claim.  She has been observing and agrees with him o.m.g. A monster  was born .in me turns out the person sat in front of him he could fund nothing on the computer of anything  looked so stupid the pair of them  all ways read the file of your next claimant  how dare they both .. turned a full 390 degree angle very quickly  I was disgusted  by this act of dumb and dumber      where the he'll were my records same with g.p complete  files missing what the he'll are we up against how dare the manager a women of such a postion  so called   experienced   allow this bulling   she to should be reported and removed from this post not fit for purpose   this is across the board just can't understand   I was under wrong office for two years before any one noticed ..failure  is become the new point winning  awards 4evamp the proffisionals  they need it far more than us  in pain Un able people that makes us dart boards going for bulls eye appears to amuse them  round them up and send in my mate tommy lol   shooting  them all may fix the very corruption   we all see in front of us .oh yes it's not a legal move .sorry but neither  is this treatment god I'm angry about all this ..
    Only me .. cathie..
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    cathiecathie,

I really recommend going to your MP about all this, and I would definitely complain as well as challenging the benefit decisions (they are two separate things - the complaint is about changing the system, and the MR and appeal are about getting the money you are entitled to).

You could also contribute to the Parliamentary committee inquiry on PIP and ESA assessments. They need to hear from people like you!

Will

• cathie
    I'm not even sure whats going on now had appointments cancelled but getting letters to say my benifit will be cut if I don't give good reasons for none attendance . I got a message to late for me to arrange a lift to a pip assessment called to explain was really bullied and abused buy a man that answered the phone I'm a survivor of servere domestic  violence  almost lost my life  this guy left me shock ed and feeling scared and quite frankly I'm so glad I was Not left in a room with him didn't listen to any thing I said kept accusing me of things that simply were not the case  said trouble with you is you don't know what's going on you don't read anything .  Kept saying your not bed ridden or house bound I didn't claim that I claim mobility issues pain and discomfort  doctors letters pain clinic  letters . All Manor of information given .. nerve damage spinal injections of the morning two ladies came to my house is has a bad fall a and e   can give them details went on to have another one so was poorly  the day in question   he's shouting at me saying  your aggressive so no more house visits  aftee asking d.w.p. they have no record of this   not true   this was a pip assessment officer   .. I don't attend interviews because sanctions and no means of getring there three bus es to desternation  I can't make it .. things this man said  to me and mannor he spoke to me was scary to say the least was shaking after I got off the phone this is not correct .. 
    Only me .. cathie..
  • callumchilled
    callumchilled Community member Posts: 12 Courageous
    Hi Cathie,

I’d just thought I’d let you know that I wrote to my MP about the troubles I’ve been having with the local NHS Trust, and got very positive help from him. It would definitely be a good idea to write to your MP. You can find them by Googling ‘Who’s my MP?’ You can then enter your details of where you live, and it will show you who your MP is. It should provide contact details, so you can either fill in the online form, write to the address provided, or phone them. 

Please don’t struggle with what you are going through, by yourself. There are people out there wanting to help you. Ask them for help. Don’t be alone through this. 

Callum
  • cathie
    Callum I'm not even sure what to do the lies there  making up the way if been treated  the fact that again my stupid I trust you your an assessment officer I'll sign it even thou my pal was saying read it before signing you don't expect the same thing twice now I have taken thirteen years to feel stronger after my horrific ordeal  can not belive this man on the phone has made me feel this way . I was actually  taken back years .I'm a strong person  but not sure how I feel this but shows me they are capable of anything I can't even begin to explain this was an attack verbal ..on me that's left me effected . I never once said I can't get out of bed or my home  but  i cant walk very far .. even said check footage on estate   go back two years you can see i haven't  been off this estate unless by car ambulance ect ..  because I said I have any care needs under control my main problem is mobility   they said don't belive you need any help .. trying to force me to attend   job centre or assessment s i told them for two years I can not without a car get there   now it's been said by this man I'm aggressive  nonsense  I bloody will be in the end .  Don't even know where to go with any of this want that paper work he claims I filled in called me a pair when I said I only signed it claims both forms were filled in with same writing   I really want to see what's been written  . Thank God my pal was here and hopefully it's recorded   I was ment to be having personal independent assessment with him .  Thank God I never went ... I want to report him find out if he's done this before it was atos that I made complaint about as she had that form filled out Long before she got here ..lies after lie   how they can then allow atos to do assessessment again is beyond my capability of understanding I refuse to be assessed  with out a legal person being present now .. I will take your advice and call them Monday ..tell them all .. . But if honest it's across the board  doctors  hospitals  no one doing correct job I'm tired of doing unpaved admin .. ie letter saying don't attend  on 18th moved to 31st then letter saying 31st cancelled  independent  assessment arranged .. today receive  why didn't you attend benifits will be stopped if not heard before 8th Nov    come on really ... it's never ending with no one accountable  I could bore you so much more  with hair curling story's but I'm bored OF The incompitance my self now horrific  ..
    Only me .. cathie..
  • cathie
    Will def seek.advice on Monday I haven't any strength left .. to fight this   I  am no longer classed as disabled because they stript this off me two years ago blue badge   even asking for new equipment  I don't always need to use a lot of it now but those times I do   it's so old 2004  it's been thrown  in fit  for purpose  no repair . Will do it .. nor got the circle I may need  as also try not to abuse  things if I can manage I will .. it apears  it's not the  thing to do .. wow so **** of my own voice eveey thing is a major fight so much being covered up and lied about .. if I was very unstable  would have   thought about a way out ..im knackered  any way. Sorry another ear bashing  clearly  not  what any body needs  haha  sorry about that but I really do appricate  your support and time  have a great day ... thankyou again..
    Only me .. cathie..
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    cathiecathie,

I agree with Callum, if you can get advice from your MP's surgery, or a disability charity locally, they can help you get through all of this. I think as well as challenging decisions about your benefit, you could do with some support to complain about the way you have been treated. It's clearly not good enough & it's with the support of someone like your MP that you might actually get it sorted.

Just on the topic of the blue badge I know you have moved quite recently. It might be worth asking for a local authority assessment as you can get the blue badge without having to be on PIP.

Will

• cathie
    Now I been told you can't ..thankyou for this will defo look into this as when I have the loan of my brothers car I can't always manage the walk  because I can't park anywhere near the building I need to use ..can be a nightmare ...
    Only me .. cathie..
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    Hi cathie....as Will says, you don't have to be getting PIP to get a Blue Badge. You would have to show that: 'I am over the age of two and have a permanent and substantial disability which means that I have very considerable difficulty in walking'. You can get more information on this from the DWP website:https://www.gov.uk/apply-blue-badge and this will take you through all the steps.
    Regards,

Jayne

• cathie
    Thankyou jane I was so misinformed not once or twice  because they removed my d.l.a .. so not on any disability  forms I can't get one as no proof of mobility problems wow ..appricate  that thankyou so much .. been without for almost two years ... major issues   with . Not being able to park close enough for me to cope ...thx 
    Only me .. cathie..

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.