What can we do to improve the community? - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What can we do to improve the community?

Options
13»

Comments

• samparrot123
    samparrot123 Community member Posts: 50 Courageous
    Options
    More e mails when someone replies to a topic you've posted.
  • Tephy
    Tephy Community member Posts: 9 Connected
    Options
    I have received great advice when contacting you and some of the information posted by others really helpful, sometimes it is nice to know you are not alone and the only one experiencing certain things. As for the sports I have no interest and just flit past them, but do appreciate others are interested and you cater for everyone. Best advice I can give is .. Don't fix what isn't broken
  • IndependentSupportServices
    IndependentSupportServices Community member Posts: 54 Courageous
    Options
    I think the idea upthread of a navigation video is a great one. On our local SEND website they are working on just that as the site is getting very big, great in lots of ways as loads of information but harder to find exactly what you want. A video wouldn't have to be long and could really encourage people in.
  • callumchilled
    callumchilled Community member Posts: 12 Courageous
    Options
    I think using more common understandable language would help.

Sometimes, the site and online community section can be confusing because it is trying to be ‘modern’. I admire how MIND deliver their online community service, with Elefriends. (It’s a friendly elephant, don’t ask) But it feels like it would be very safe there. 

• Geniedebs
    Geniedebs Community member Posts: 63 Courageous
    Options
    Maybe help and advice could be given to those about particular job or career choices depending on their disability. For example; I cannot walk, or stand, for longer than a period of time, which is decreasing as I age.

I would like good solid advice, after being made redundant, as to my next next step, within the world of work. Maybe there are others in the same position?
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

Sometimes, the site and online community section can be confusing because it is trying to be ‘modern’. I admire how MIND deliver their online community service, with Elefriends. (It’s a friendly elephant, don’t ask) But it feels like it would be very safe there. 

Hi @callumchilled Thanks for your feedback, could you give a couple of examples so I can understand where we can improve? 
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Sam_Alumni
    Options
    Geniedebs said:
    Maybe help and advice could be given to those about particular job or career choices depending on their disability. For example; I cannot walk, or stand, for longer than a period of time, which is decreasing as I age.

I would like good solid advice, after being made redundant, as to my next next step, within the world of work. Maybe there are others in the same position?
    Hi @Geniedebs
    We have recently got a new group with a team of Scope employment advisors, you can take a look here and if you have any questions, please do ask! 
    Scope
  • Geniedebs
    Geniedebs Community member Posts: 63 Courageous
    Options
  • callumchilled
    callumchilled Community member Posts: 12 Courageous
    Options
    Sam_Scope said:

Hi @callumchilled Thanks for your feedback, could you give a couple of examples so I can understand where we can improve? 
    Things like trying to find conversations you’ve taken part in. The @ thing. The # thing. I like how simple the MIND system seems to be. You have a general tab, and a your feed tab. They also have little buttons for like, thinking about someone, and saying I hear you. They also have videos showing you how to use the site safely. 
  • Sam_Alumni
    Options
    Hi @callumchilled Thanks so much for taking the time to come back to me, we do have a Community How To Guide you can look through, but I take on board your comments and will look into the best way to make it clear how to get around the community :)
    Scope
  • mossycow
    mossycow Scope Member Posts: 500 Pioneering
    Options
    I'm still finding the forum a little tricky to get round and navigate, especially with brain fuzz/fog. It looks very different on my tablet, everything is small text. When I log on, this is what I'm seeing. I'd like 'grouos' to be much bigger, not just in text etc
  • rich_hobbs_1
    rich_hobbs_1 Community member Posts: 24 Listener
    Options
  • rich_hobbs_1
    rich_hobbs_1 Community member Posts: 24 Listener
    Options
    Nothing because it’s great sorry I didn’t elaborate! 
  • pitcroft
    pitcroft Community member Posts: 14 Listener
    Options
    Its all good thanks.

Brightness