Home assess refused — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Home assess refused

Options
staity
staity Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Regards a home assesment.

Can Dwp disregard a Drs (consultant Phsychiatrist) medical opinion and request for a home visit
and insist on me going to an assesment centre ?

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi staity and welcome

Usually a home visit request has to be very specific but it does not have to be granted, much will depend on your circumstances.

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @staity,

I've moved your query to the Ask A Benefits Advisor category as they should be able to answer your question. In the meantime, you may find this information on home assessments useful. 
  • lillyloulou0508
    lillyloulou0508 Community member Posts: 22 Connected
    Options
    hi staity I've just been assessed by capita and they told me that I was having a home visit which they came out on Sunday to do. I didn't request one when I sent my forms back. I was currently on dla and they sent me forms to be changed over to pip. I sent them back in plenty of time but they say they didn't receive them until 5 weeks later. within 2 weeks of them having them they had passed my forms over to capita plus I had a home visit as well which I'm glad I did as it was very tiring and exhausting with the things they ask you. you could send a letter from your gp saying you are not well enough to attend. maybe this would help. good luck
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi staity,

You don't say which company it is, but generally ATOS will ask for a letter from GP or psychiatrist advising that you can't travel and will then allow a home visit. I've not had any difficulty getting a home appointment for a client when medical evidence has been sent in saying they can't attend an assessment centre.
    Capita is not as easy I find, but we generally get the home appointments in the end, again with a letter from a medical professional.
    They don't have to agree to a home appointment but generally don't go against a GP letter. Good luck.

Lee
    The Benefits Training Co:

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.