Add more issues onto current claim — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Add more issues onto current claim

chellsangels
chellsangels Community member Posts: 5 Listener
Iv been getting pip since 2014 for mental health but now have an old fracture on my v7 in spine can I claim for this too

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi chellsangels and welcome

How long is your current award for ?
    They may ask why you haven't declared this before
    You can declare a change of circumstance if this is now causing you problems that were not present when you were assessed. If you do enter a CoC there is the likelyhood of a re-assessment

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • chellsangels
    Iv been awarded pip till 2020 at the time of me making the claim my back was on and off with pain but my gp said it was wear n tear. Iv since found out its due to a fracture I never knew I had from a violent ex but recently im really struggling to move let alone walk 
  • chellsangels
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    I would think that as it is a condition that has worstened a CoC would be ok, but you will have a re-assessment of your whole claim

Good luck

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • chellsangels
    Thanks cockneyreble x
  • victoria105
    victoria105 Community member Posts: 22 Listener
    Just be careful I contacted dwp due to a change of circumstances as I have severe hypermobilty with a series of fractures dislocations and surgeries including a fused ankle and pinned shoulder. I then had a stroke which has affected my mobility even more . Dwp said they would send me a change of circumstances form , long story short I was completely reassessed and had my whole award taken away and my mobility car. 10 stressful months later I have just won my appeal .
  • Angel40
    Angel40 Community member Posts: 34 Connected
    I agree with the above statement, exactly the same happened to us. Told dwp of worsened conditions and all money stopped.. new assessment and took a year to get it back. Got it in the end but took a year and a very stressful one. Be careful.
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Hi chellsangels,

Unfortunately (and as stated above) the DWP's decisions on many PIP claims are quite often very poor so it is always a risk for anyone who has an existing award to ask for a reassessment. If you believe you are entitled to a higher award though, you could apply for a reassessment but only do so if you are happy to take a risk as it is just as likely that the DWP will reduce your award as increase it.

Lee
    The Benefits Training Co:

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.