ESA WARNING ACCESS TO BANK ACCOUNTS WITHOUT CONSENT — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA WARNING ACCESS TO BANK ACCOUNTS WITHOUT CONSENT

mm234mail
mm234mail Community member Posts: 7 Listener
DWP, are using new spy laws to access people Bank Details, I recently got called in for an interview

Comments

• mm234mail
    They had my bank accounts for the last 4 years and showed my activity, be warned DWP are abusing new spy laws for there own investigations, banks are liars however now after long investigation the banks have told me they have to turn over all my accounts with new law and ESA are abusing powers, local councils can also access any  
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm sorry but if you have nothing to hide then what's the problem? If DWP think there's possible fraud involved then they can and will access a persons bank account, this has always been the case.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • mm234mail
    I have nothing to hide poppy perfectly innocent, (I took out a loan to pay off my debts which was paid into my account, all this matter has been dropped by them now), I’m furious as they accessed my private banking without a warrant, people need to know that not even you finances are private any longer if claiming ESA, so its a warning to let others know that they have access to your credit history too), they were rude, ask why I took a loan out and tried insisting it was now capital in fact it was a loan. (So please dont jump down my throat), People have the right to know that there financial information and credit history is no longer protected under the data protection act), The DWP are ruthless, after all this stress I was made out a villain taking a loan out on my own bank account) to pay off my debts, which they saw the money went too, but stop them for hauling me in for interrogation) DISGUSTING ABUSE OF SPYING!!!
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Some years ago I was hauled in because of a large sum of money went into my account and I was accused of fraudulent claiming of all benefits.
    The money was an insurance payout for the loss of my house when it burned down.
    They decided to take me to court for claiming housing benefit. The magistrates ruled in my favour and I thought that was the end of it.
    But no.
    They attached an order to my benefit to reclaim the said over payment and nothing I could do about it.

CR 
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • gerrys6
    gerrys6 Community member Posts: 171 Courageous
  • joey2019
    joey2019 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    My wife works in DWP fraudulent and compliance team, YES!!!!! When claiming housing benefit or any DWP benefits, all bank accounts are monitored by computer software under the new anti spy laws, every bank account is monitored by DWP and local councils if claiming housing benefit or council tax benefit. It automatically flags up if there certain amounts that are paid into your account

I don’t agree with it and said to my wife it really, that spy laws are being abused we are divided on this. There is obviously reasons genuinely for some people that sell there second hand items to get by and then they are dragged in by the DWP for selling second hand stuff on ebay.

I understand the fact that DWP are and have to protect tax payers money, shame they don’t spy on MP’s for expenses scandal !!! 

‘’So I say to everyone be careful what goes into your bank account as gifts or xmas present money from family it will be investigated”

Also the people that are abusing benefits bewarned you are being watched 24/7 on your bank accounts, you won’t get away with it. If you abuse benefits you will pay for it and rightly so.

• littleruthie123
    littleruthie123 Community member Posts: 511 Pioneering
    Wow unbelievable 
  • Ripples
    Ripples Community member Posts: 189 Pioneering
     Social Security Fraud Act. or RIPA can be used and more probing when used will be the The Investigatory Powers Act 2016 . It's more likely to be triggered when you have regular payments or  a large sum go into your account besides benefits or if you gain interest on savings.
  • littleruthie123
    littleruthie123 Community member Posts: 511 Pioneering
    Well I'm safe then lol
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,741 Listener
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Dingbat
    Dingbat Community member Posts: 19 Connected
    Big Brother is always watching you!  However, wish they would take a look in to my account.  I have 22p to last until I get my JSA on Friday and that applies to most weeks around this time.  Don't smoke, don't drink, bills forever go up and food also.  Its a nightmare trying to manage on what I get for working over 42 years in the NHS! 

I was one of those unfortunate women who just missed out on having their pension paid at age 63. The Government even stole that!  I am 63, cannot work now due to ill heath, yet have to claim JSA, even though my work coach has said that there seems no point and should be granted ESA.  However, applied 2-years ago and found fit for work.  Now applied for PIP and waiting outcome of F2F assessment.
  • Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    There is No privacy anymore, no rights or anything.  Big brother is watching you on every move now.

I knew this was always been happening for many years way before this law came in, it's nothing new. All those that have loads in their account should be worried.

I'm safe too I only have a £1 in savings and just my benefits paid in. Then they are taken to pay all bills. 
    ⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

• whistles
    whistles Community member Posts: 1,583 Disability Gamechanger
    Why wouldn't they be? 
    The departments are all linked. More so when it changes to UC. Before they even pay the rent element they will know what benefits you get and your savings.

If you apply for a loan they do tell you they will be letting people know about it with their checks on you before agreeing. Isn't that part of the credit score?

There is a new data protection law now isn't there.

Do not follow me, I don't know where I am going.
  • whistles
    Victoriad said:
    So am I.....plenty of moths inhabiting my account.

Have you declared the moths though?  :)

Depending on your tax code, you can earn up to that per year without tax. 
    Depending on the benefit you claim,  you can have up to xxxx in savings. 
    Housing benefit says you can have £16000, for some this is going to be a big problem when it's scrapped and gets replaced with UC which says you can't!!!

I got pulled in on a routine check and they suspended the benefit because I didn't use my account!!! If it's got stuff all in in it, how can you!!
  • [Deleted User]
  • Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    @Victoriad you've forgot to add a drink to your lovely menu. I'm shure @whistles May agree. Lol

One awesome drink to wash that moth food menu down. moth on the rocks. Lol.
    ⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

• whistles
    I'm getting hungry now.
    Can we add crickets. I'm sure those are actually sold as did in some countries.
    Could I breed them or is that classed as "income" 
  • whistles
    Victoriad said:
    Hey @whistles
    Have you thought of perhaps publishing an alternative cook book.....20 recipes using moths as an alternative food source?........useful when bank account only has nothing but nothing in it.

Oriental menu.
    No1 Crispy fried moths with noodles.
    No 2 Sweet and sour moths
    No3 Moth chow mein
    No4 crispy moth pancakes
    No5 Moth wontons
    No6 Moth fritters with vanilla ice cream

more recipes anyone?

No 7 Chocolate dipped moths 
    No 8 Jelly moths 
  • [Deleted User]
  • DenceNucliaAtom
    DenceNucliaAtom Community member Posts: 19 Connected
    I’m suprised they have that amount of access. I can confirm they do this though as in January I received a gift of money from my mother. I got sent a letter from esa asking me what it was from and if it was paid work. I had to get my mother to sign a letter confirming it was a gift and would not have to give it back. They seem to get funny over people taking out loans while claiming esa. I’m autistic and when I recieved the letter from them giving me 2 working days to reply my anxiety went through the roof. It caused me a lot of stress as without esa I can’t eat. I also don’t always check my post so this could of very easily been missed and me left without any food. Luckerly my mum was arround to explain the letter to me and wright a reply to them. I don’t understand why they send letters to me as a lot of the time I panic and my body shuts down. 

I agree reed that it should be monitored as there are still quite a few people abusing the system or living abroad. But for genuine people it can cause a lot of upset and stress!!!

a nicer way to comunicate with people with life long disabilities would be better.  I think harsh letters and spying should be left to people claiming esa temareraly for example a broken leg that would heal in 6 weeks. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.