Had assessment. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Had assessment.

margaret35
margaret35 Community member Posts: 13 Listener
Had my pip assessment on Monday.  Either my assessor was lovely or has got a bafta in acting .I've read so many negative things about these people that I'm dreading the Brown envelope . At the end while I waited for my daughter he bent down took my hand and told me to be positive.  Oh well . I can't change what has happened .

Comments

• loopyt
    loopyt Community member Posts: 79 Courageous
    Hi Margaret, I know you will be anxious but I hope my ezperience will make it a little less worrying for you. over the last 2 to 3 years I have had 3 assessments and the first 2 were just as you have described and I felt less anxious. They were both proved positive when the letter came. However, my third one did not have the same feeling at all, I remained anxious until the letter came and was right to be worried as the assessment was not accurate and was contradictory and my award was lowered. I would say if the assessor was lovely and made you feel at ease that can only be a positive thing so trust your instincts and try to relax a little. Good luck.
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Best of luck @margaret35, let us know how you get on!
  • margaret35
    I'm dreading my Brown envelope.  Assessment was last Monday so it could be weeks before I find out . My next dla should be next Wednesday 8th .I don't know do they just stop it or give you chance to sort everything financially out ? X
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    @margaret35

Your DLA continues until your PIP begins.  Nothing will change until after you have received your decision letter from DWP.  The last DLA payment should be four weeks after the decision date which will be a few days before you receive the decision letter itself.  And the first PIP payment should be four weeks after the last DLA payment.  Have you asked DWP for a copy of the assessor's report?  This will give you a good indication of what your award is likely to be.
  • margaret35
    I've phoned DWP and they told me to ring pip . I phoned them . They received my assessment on 25th and will send me a copy of it . Getting that now or waiting for decision the result will be the same. I've always been glass half full but I'm half empty at the moment .Thankyou for your advice. 
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Thanks for letting us know @margaret35! Even if it's not the news you hoped for, we'll do our best to advise and support you. 
  • margaret35
    Thankyou.  That means alot to me .
  • margaret35
    Hi . Requested my assessment report 2 weeks ago and not received it yet . How long does it usually take please ? Thanks for any responses. 
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Hi @margaret35, it can usually take between 2-4 weeks but can take longer. Keep us updated!
  • margaret35
    Thanks for your help .
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Hello Margaret35

So pleased to hear that your assessment was not  a horrible experience.  Lets hope that this results in a positive decision.

Please keep us posted.

Maria

The Benefits Training Co:

• margaret35
  • margaret35
    I've just had results for pip. I get standard rate for care but had mobility refused to standard which is disappointing.  But at least it's over . On turn2us site it seems there is other help or benefits to help me . Is that right or have I misunderstood it? Thankyou for your help .
  • margaret35
    I meant reduced Not refused . Sorry.
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Hi margaret35,

If your daily living component award for PIP is paid at the same rate as your DLA care component award was then there isn't likely to be any further benefits or premiums available that you aren't already receiving, but to be sure if you put your details into a benefits calculator online you'll be able to find out what you should be entitled to.

Lee
    The Benefits Training Co:

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.