uc35 form — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

uc35 form

Options
Sugarplumfairy99
Sugarplumfairy99 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
Hello ive recently filled out a uc35 form, which i believe should have been sent to me approx 13 wks after sickness but after many requests and 8 months of being off sick ive just sent off just over a week ago. Can you please advise me on how long it will be before i get some sort of response from the Health Assesment Service.
Thank-you.

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Sugarplumfairy99, hopefully you'll hear from a benefits advisor soon in response to this, although they're dealing with an increased amount of enquiries at the moment.

In the meantime, you might like to take a look at this useful eight questions about Universal Credit document.
  • Sugarplumfairy99
    Options
    Thank you for the information and hopefully i will hear something from them soon.
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Sugarplumfairy99

Welcome this mourning to our online community.

It's great to meet you I do hope that wecan help/support you wirh this ????

I have copied & pasted some info below from our site with regards to U/E.

https://www.scope.org.uk/support/disabled-people/benefits/universal-credit

Please let me know if I can help you further ????
  • Sugarplumfairy99
    Options
    Thank you very much.
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Options
    Sugarplumfairy99Sugarplumfairy99,

The UC35 is supposed to be sent out after 28 days of sickness! So you really have had an unacceptable delay, and you might want to consider complaining about that. The UC35 is the letter you get explaining the process where the DWP decide if you have limited capability for work.

The form you send back is called a UC50 - that's the questionnaire about your limited capability for work. I think you may have sent this off already, but if not, that's the step which triggers contact from the assessors, Maximus, also known as the Health Assessment Advisory Service.

How soon you hear about the assessment varies depending on where you are in the country and what the waiting times are like. It may only be a few weeks, but it can be longer - I'm sorry we can't be more precise, but some people do wait a while. Not everyone has to have a face to face assessment, although most people do.
    You should receive at least 7 days' notice of any assessment, unless you've agreed to have less. They usually contact you by phone - if that's something which isn't going to work for you, make sure you let them know.

Will
    The Benefits Training Co:

• Sugarplumfairy99
    Options
    Thank you for this new information . I have not received a UC50 form either so i will have to look into that as well otherwise it looks as if i will not move forward with this.
  • Sugarplumfairy99
    Options
    Hello Will thanks for your advice i have now been told by uc that i will be receving a payment after e-mailing a complaint about the amount of time ive waited.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.