Anuerysm in the groin area — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Anuerysm in the groin area

antfarrell
antfarrell Community member Posts: 5 Listener
ive been trying to make a claim for PiP, due to my condition since my Artery bust, in surgery it wasn't able to be repaired. So when I walk I'm in constant pain, which gets worst the more I walk, the blood supply to my right leg now comes from my left leg, so the blood supply is not very good, it's been explained to me that the reason why I am out of breathe very is due to the oxygen that my right leg uses, causes me to be out of breathe. I'm unable to do to the type of work I have done for the previous 20 years, Where can I get the information from about my condition ? When I made the application, I was asked for my doctors name and address, so I thought they would have asked him for the information needed, I haven't got a clue what I'm supposed to do, 

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi antfarrel and welcome

Where abouts in the claim process are you ?
    It is highly unlikely that the DWP will contact your GP or any other medical proffesional even though they say they might. In most cases it is up to you to source evidence about your condition to support your case.

It is important to understand the points system, descriptors and the criteria for a PIP award. A good starting place is the self test on the B&W site

http://www.mybenefitsandwork.co.uk/pip/indexxx.php

There is also loads of info on this site, please have a look around and come back with any questions

CR

Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • antfarrell
    I've just been knocked back again after the Mandatory recon, I thought they would have got the info from my doctor, am I best asking him for that info to send off with my appeal request
  • antfarrell
    I don't have a problem doing normal things, I just can't work and do the job I had anymore, due to pain and being out of breathe, my right leg now gets the blood supply from my left leg, after they couldn't repair the damage, the pain only comes when I walk or do anything strenuous, 
  • CockneyRebel
    Yes you will need to get your own evidence for your appeal. Any medical evidence should be very specific to the problems you have with the PIP descriptors.

You do not need to have this before you apply to the tribunal.

Form SSCS1 and basic reasons for your appeal will get the ball rolling. later on, when you receive the bundle of evidence from the DWP is when you should complete your submission and add any new evidence.

CR
  • antfarrell
    I'm starting the appeal process off now, I've contacted my doctor's, and I have to put in a written request for the info I need, I honestly thought they would have contacted my doctor's, So I'll start again with it all. Thanks
  • CockneyRebel
    Have you requested a copy of the assessment report ?
    This should show you the descriptors you need to challenge

It is quite a good idea to treat an appeal as starting from scratch, but you will have all the evidence already submitted in the bundle when you get it

Any new evidence should be attached to the back with your name and NI on each page

Take each descriptor in turn, say what points you scored and what you should have scored. Reference each descriptor to page and paragraph that shows you meet the criteria. Lead the reader to the exact information that is needed. Make it as easy as you can for them, they don't want to read the equivalent of War and Peace to find the truth. Make it idiot proof. You might have to repeat the same references for more than one descriptor but that os okay, don't assume that they will make the connection

Best of luck with it, we are here to help if we can so please come back with any questions

CR 
  • antfarrell
    Thanks for your time, I'll let you know how I get on, thanks again , Ant

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.