Dla to pip — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Dla to pip

Options
sto
sto Community member Posts: 9 Listener
I care for my x partner she gets dla and was asked to go onto pip they did not recieve her form i posted it with extra stamps we told them this.they sent a second form how your disabilty affacts you but suspended her dla.we sent this back recorded which they got but have kept her dla suspended.I read the legalisation.gov.uk rules 2013 no 387 regulation 10 explanatary note which says upon gthem getting second form dla os reinstated like it was never suspended.We rang to tell them thos also cab did they said no we will backdate it when pip decision is made as thats whats been said in manditory reconsideration which cab told them but why have you done mand recon when you have sent her a second form which you now have but kept her dla suspended agin they said mand recon was done first time and agreed to backdated.but cab said you know she sent her first but she should have an extra 28 days anyway then dla suspension lifted they sad no tmand recon was done. Thats first problem second she has epilepsy,depression,ptsd the ptsd is bad it causes non epiletic fits.i the carer do not live with her but go the house from 6 am to 11pm 7 days a week because her dla is suspended my carers as stopped.Is there safeguarding rules for mental health at all?.she also told them she would lose her carer which she desperate needs which they said we cant help that its not upto them.She as cut herself in the past also!.now i am not a selfish git but i can no longer go care for her and if your wondering why and say carry on till her pip is done well heres why i live in a apartment rent paid as i got carers this is stopped now because i cant get a job straight away unless im lucky i have at to go work for agency so i can pay my rent or i will lose apartment and have no where to live.So she is now alone with all the above problems.Any advice on all these matters would be great.thankyou

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi sto and welcome

It is good that you have help from CAB
    It would be a good idea to get your local MP involved as they can often hurry things up.
    You may be able to get help with rent etc. by declaring nil or low income to your local council

Other members/ advisors may well have better/ more advice for you.
    Please do ask any more questions and we will try and help

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • sto
    Options
    Hi thanks for reply cab cant do no more.my local mp is karen bradley conservative and is known from piers morgan show.she is well known for ignoring people with benefit problems which i now believe she does also i have emailed her with no reply.
  • sto
    Options
    I also emailed ssac to ask about certain rules no reply from them either but thats no surprise either.
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @sto

It's a good idea to send any important communications by post, recorded delivery.  Paper communications, sent by recorded delivery, are less easy to ignore than emails.  And always keep a copy of every document/letter sent.
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    On monday give the Scope help line a call. They might be able to give you some help

CR 
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Sorry to hear that you've had such a struggle so far, @sto. I can only imagine how frustrating this must all have been on both you and your partner. How are you getting on? Has there been any further progress over the weekend?

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.