How is it thirteen years then not strange — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How is it thirteen years then not strange

Options
cathie
cathie Community member Posts: 143 Courageous
Hi question for any one that may have the answer .how is it iv been classed a disabled person in need of mobility and care . Now after thirteen years of being so ..im told I'm no longer so .. did some one wave a .magic wand and not inform me .. am I now an able body and no one's bothered to inform me of this miracle cure .. lol 
Only me .. cathie..

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @cathie I am in a similar position to you.  Being disabled from birth I found a struggle all these years to get recognised for what I am.  Only twenty years plus getting the right money now, having just got ESA in the support group.  I understand others pain and I have been there declared fit to work.  Now I realise that those like myself and others with not only disability but other illness.  It hurts and why someone just for once say  I believe you and I understand what is happening.  No one does being honest and admit for once that I have a problem being fit to work.  It taken me five to back to work programmes doing the same work in each one.  Six placements the same.  Not utilising my skills and talents.  Wasted days and months trying to fit in and doing various qualifications to get some where.  I think your situation is like mine and hope and pray I do not get the call one day to be revaluated again.  I know it worries me constantly because I have to assessed for PIP.  Live in an area local transport not very good.  Do not want to be stranded with out a car.  Hope and pray things change for you.  It is this system that is unfair and understand everyones situation.
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Nystagmite
    Nystagmite Community member Posts: 596 Pioneering
    Options
    You have to remember that the criteria has changed.
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Oh dear @cathie
    Have you lost all benefits? Do you need any support with appeal?
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • cathie
    Options
    I think I do I'm knackered with it all
    Only me .. cathie..
  • sue66
    sue66 Community member Posts: 124 Pioneering
    Options
    cathie said:
    Hi question for any one that may have the answer .how is it iv been classed a disabled person in need of mobility and care . Now after thirteen years of being so ..im told I'm no longer so .. did some one wave a .magic wand and not inform me .. am I now an able body and no one's bothered to inform me of this miracle cure .. lol 
    Cathie precisely, how can one have been receiving DLA for years for an ailment that usually  gets worse not better as one ages only to be told when you apply for PIP you no longer qualify. :( Its not that our health has improved  its the rules have changed and its a mine field now trying to qualify even when its obvious we are very much affected with the way our illness or what ever is affecting us. How do many are coming away with such low points i just dont get it. Well i do, lets just say my hubby was very fortunate to have a nice honest assessor although he lost higher rate we consider him lucky to have come out with anything at all. But all that can change when he has to reapply even though he has got a lot worse since last assessment . I bet your knackered with it all too. Im still waiting for my dreaded letter to apply over to PIP.  
  • cathie
    Options
    So so wrong no one can ever say oh no he's bad he will defo get it truth is to many crooks on the assessment board may sound far fetched but its true they concerned for there jobs meeting  quoters set by goverment  it's not un till there countious inner voice gets them do they then while blow shows not many have  a inner voice knowing they are doing wrong here's hoping they to have to join that queue one day ... making me a angry person  ..sorry hope your hubby  is ok   now and in furture ...good luck 
    Only me .. cathie..
  • Topkitten
    Topkitten Community member Posts: 1,285 Pioneering
    Options
    Untrained and unqualified staff trying to follow government guidelines without the ability to get the process even close to correct.

TK
    "I'm on the wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell" - from Wrong side of heaven by Five Finger Death Punch.

Brightness