Groups for esa — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Groups for esa

Darkie
Darkie Community member Posts: 1 Listener
How do u nowifu arein the right group for esa

Comments

• Alex
    Alex Posts: 1,305 Pioneering
    Hi @Darkie,

Welcome to the community. 

I guess it depends whether you agree with the assessment as to whether you can work (and therefore should be in the work-related group) or not (and therefore should be in the support group).

There's some good info on how the Work Capability Assessment makes that decision on the DRUK website. If you scroll all the way down to "Appendix 3: The limited capability for work-related activity assessment" you can see the descriptors used.

Do you think you've been put in the right group?
  • ginger26
    ginger26 Community member Posts: 3 Listener

had a bad stroke june all I get is esa  until I went for their medical they say I am fit for work when I am not I have no movement off my left arm get tired very quick very unsteady on my feet  when toilet needed have to go their and then .if I sit down struggle to get up partner has to dress me in a morn and help with the shower went to my own doctor they sighned me off for 2 month saying I am not fit for work can any one explain what is going on thought I was doing well but that's just knocked me back

• ginger26

do you jknow reallys gets me why should we have to do all this to claim what we have put in with ni contributions paid int it for 40 yrs noe cant get any thing back

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Sorry to hear that things are tough, @ginger26. Let us know if there's anything specific we can help you with, and I hope today is as kind as possible to you.
  • ginger26
    Things might be looking better pippascope got awarded pip also blue badge and also done mandatry reconsider letter so looking ok for now
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Great news @ginger26, I'm so glad to hear that! :)
  • Beverleyfarley
    Beverleyfarley Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    I'm in the support group for ESAdo I still get free prescriptions?I thought I was but I went to the dentist in August and have now received a fine please help I'm not sure what to do 

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Sorry
    Support group does not give you access to free nhs services
    You need to be in receipt of  an income related element for it to apply

The other option is to apply for an HC2 certificate if you are on a low income

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • SethLaa
    SethLaa Community member Posts: 111 Courageous
    I am in the Support Group receiving Contribution Based ESA, I am entitled to free NHS Prescriptions as I cannot go out alone but I am NOT entitled to free NHS Dental Charges, I hope this helps, all the best from Sethlaa

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.