PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.

now 8 weeks and still no decision

SystemSystem Posts: 577

Scope community team

edited November 2017 in PIP, DLA and AA
This discussion was created from comments split from: PIP.

Replies

• fithemadhatterfithemadhatter Member Posts: 6 Listener
    I put a change to my medical condtion in on the  June had a f2f on sept the report went to the decision maker on end of sept and it is now 8 weeks and still no decision have called pip many time just to be told nothing on yet iam ill with worry anyone else had anything like this
  • MarkmywordsMarkmywords Member Posts: 421 Pioneering
    Yes, I've had a similar thing happen. Sometimes a claim "falls through the cracks."

I suggest you writer a letter of complaint to the DWP centre that is handling the claim. The address is on their correspondence. It might prompt them into action. It worked for me.

It can sometimes help if you write to your MP. If the MP is decent and gets involved then it has been known to help.
  • mikehughescqmikehughescq Member Posts: 7,219 Disability Gamechanger

A number of things could have happened here. There's no decision making backlog so the most likely explanation is that there were issues with the assessment report and it's being reviewed. DWP won't be able to tell you anything because that's down to the assessment provider and they won't be able to tell you anything meaningful until any quality control review is finished. An MP won't be able to assist with the provider side either. There are a number of other possibilities but nothing to be gained from further speculation.

Best options at present would be to contact the assessment provider and ask them to confirm when the report was sent to DWP. If they can't say then you have your answer. It hasn't been... yet. If they give a date then you can go back to DWP and ask them what happened next.

If you're unhappy with their answer then you can lodge a complaint.

Sign in or join us to comment.