BIG THANKYOU TO ALL — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

BIG THANKYOU TO ALL

Options
loopyt
loopyt Community member Posts: 79 Courageous
I just wanted to say thankyou to this forum and all who helped with advice. My mobility was recently lowered from enhanced to standard so after a failed M.D. I appealed. I received notification on Friday that my appeal was allowed. I am still rather anxious as it states they cannot make the DWP follow it through so not sure what happens next but relieved that the appeal was allowed (I sent a letter from my GP but couldn't attend). Thank you x

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    That's great news, @loopyt! Thanks for updating us, and let us know how you get on.
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Options
    Hello loopyt - that is good news, and I'm very glad you got the outcome you wanted. If you win your appeal, then the DWP should carry out the tribunal's decision straight away. However, in some circumstances, if the DWP disagrees with the decision, it might consider appealing it to the Upper Tribunal, which is basically a level up from the tribunal who considered your case. The DWP would normally only do that if they are concerned about a point of law, or if they think your favourable decision might set an unwanted precedent for other people. You can never be quite sure what they are going to do, so sit tight and see what happens to your payments. If it looks as though the DWP are going to appeal, and you might not get paid in the meantime, then come back to us on this forum and we will see if we give you further advice. Also make sure that all your other benefits are in order by using the benefits calculator on this website.
    Hope this helps!

Jayne
    The Benefits Training Co:

• loopyt
    loopyt Community member Posts: 79 Courageous
    Options
    Thankyou Jayne I really appreciate your comments and will let you know what happens next!x

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.