PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Want to give us your opinion? Complete our annual survey.

WHAT HAPPENS AFTER A TRIBUNAL DECISION?

loopytloopyt Member Posts: 80 Courageous
The tribunal have allowed ,y appeal taking me back to enhanced mobility. I received their letter last week but wonder what happens now?

Replies

• mikehughescqmikehughescq Member Posts: 5,833 Disability Gamechanger
    Copy of the summary decision will have gone to the DWP either via any Presenting Officer who attended, or, through the post. DWP then need to decide whether they want a statement of reasons and record of proceedings with a view to a further appeal to the Upper Tribunal. In theory they have the same month you have to ask for this. In practice, unless there's a massive delay in asking, they are usually allowed to request late. 

If they decide to not request then payment is processed relatively quickly. They will not usually tell you whether they have made a request for an SoR/RoP. So, just a case of sit sight and, if nothing's happened within the next five or six weeks, it's time to start asking questions. 
  • loopytloopyt Member Posts: 80 Courageous
    Thankyou for taking the time to reply, I really appreciate your response. I thought it would take much longer (even if they decide not to challenge the decision) so I am relieved it won't take months!
    Thank you T
  • CockneyRebelCockneyRebel Member Posts: 5,257 Disability Gamechanger
    Usually barring SOR etc DWP will put a tribunal decision into payment 5-8 weeks.
    It is worth ringing DWP to make sure they have received the notification as they do sometimes mislay them

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • jackie27jackie27 Member Posts: 21 Connected
    I won my tribrule  and it took 5mths before it went into payment 
  • CockneyRebelCockneyRebel Member Posts: 5,257 Disability Gamechanger
    The DWP have a month to request the SOR, BUT the judge is under no time limit to respond which can account for delays

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • mikehughescqmikehughescq Member Posts: 5,833 Disability Gamechanger
    They have very clear time limits for a response. The volume of requests and other factors may mitigate against that though.
    Absolutely shocked and very pleased to say that I have had a letter from DOW today stating that they are going to pay what the tribunal have stated, what a relief. They have also extended the award. Thankyou all for your response
    Predictive text sorry shoukd say DWP
Sign in or join us to comment.