Whirlwind eating disorder — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Whirlwind eating disorder

Options
skyebee2
skyebee2 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
I have a very whirlwind eating disorder that ive had since i was 11 an now 28. I swing from anorexia to bulimia. Its always this huge fight with myself an i get so upset. Ive now got malnutrition and severe anemia as a results of it an its affecting my heart now as my heart is beating too fast and im passing out alot. All my vits an minerals and other stuff are low. I just dont know what to do. I dont want to end up an a GNT again an im a bit scared coz my body is not coping with it like it use to do. Can someone help plz or offer some advice i could take note on. Im scared with tgis road im on but i cant control it in the way that i should in a healthy way.
Thanks 
Skyebee2 xxx

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi Skyebee and welcome

I am so sorry that you are having this problem, it truly sounds alarming.
    I hope that one of the advisors can assist you but would also urge you to ring the Scope help line and /or get professional help as soon as possible

I wish you all the best

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @skyebee2, and welcome! I'm so sorry to hear about the battle you're facing at the moment. One of our advisors will be in touch, but if you feel your health is at risk, it's important that you get in touch with a medical professional as soon as possible. We will do all we can to support you here, but as we cannot provide medical advice, do make sure that a qualified professional is aware of what's going on. 
  • KirstenNutritionAdvisor
    KirstenNutritionAdvisor Community member Posts: 53 Courageous
    Options
    Hello Skybee 

I am so sorry to hear that you are having a hard time.

have you spoke to your GP about this? 
    How are your eating habits at the moment? 
    Are you having support?
    If not I would reach out to your GP and they can help find you the most appropriate services to support you. 

Kirsten xx

Brightness