New claim after change in circumstances — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

New claim after change in circumstances

Ianpdavies1
Ianpdavies1 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hello I've done a new claim because my disabilities have got a lot worse over the last 2 years and I sent it away before march and a doctor came to my house about 3 months ago and I got a letter about 2 months a go saying they have got all there information they need for my claim and then about 2 weeks a go someone from there department phoned me asking when my disabilities got worse and I still havnt had a letter back why would they phone me and how long do you think before I get a desition , thank you for any feed vack

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    edited December 2017
    Hello Ianpdavies and welcome

The phone call is in respect of the qualifying period for a change of circumstance

A new condition is expected to be declared within a month
    A new condition has to be in place for three month and expected to last for at least another 9 months to qualify for an award

It does seem that the length of time is excessive so it may be worth calling for an update

Please let us know how you get on

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Ianpdavies1 welcome to the community, let us know how you get on.
    Scope
    Senior online community officer

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.