Hi, my name is 1414! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is 1414!

1414 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
I would like to discuss how unfair it is when u strugle and they cut ur benefit

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello 1414 and welcome

Can you tell us a little more ?
    Have you had your benefit cut ?
    Which benefit ?
    have you challenged the decision ?

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
    1414 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Yes I've challenged this I took someone with me and he knows me and he didn't speak on my behalf DLA had it stopped its changed to pip and didn't get that sdo trying to appeals if I can asgain who do I contact cab were meant to be helping but I've heard nothing back BIM on JSA now as was on ESA after recent bereavement but the notes were not getting to the department in time so felt pressured into did benefit 
  • felix
    felix Community member Posts: 27 Connected
    Hi 1414, I'm sure there must be a thread for benefit problems that may have some ideas and help on it? (I'm new so not looked yet!)

Hope you can get some good advice xx
    felix xx
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    The first stage to challenge a PIP decision is to ask for a Mandatory Reconsideration
    Have you asked for a copy of the assessment report ?

It is important to understand the points system, desciptors and criteria for an award. A good place to start is the B&W self tesat

http://www.mybenefitsandwork.co.uk/pip/indexxx.php

There is lots of good info on this site about the appeal process. please have a look round and come back with any questions

CR

Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.